Bokeh application glitch

Hi,
I noticed that my bokeh application doesn’t represent the plots correctly on Internet Explorer (Version 11, desktop and mobile version) - see picture in attachment.

I use last bokeh version 0.12.13.

The application looks nice in other browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Opera).

Please help with any sugestions hopw to solve the problem.

Best regards,
Goran Kirandjiski

Hi,

It's generally not possible to investigate or offer help without complete, minimal code to reproduce. Otherwise, the only suggestion I can offer is that there were some IE related fixes on current master IIRC, so you could try out a dev build to see if that helps.

Thanks,

Bryan

···

On Jan 30, 2018, at 13:02, Goran Goki <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi,
I noticed that my bokeh application doesn't represent the plots correctly on Internet Explorer (Version 11, desktop and mobile version) - see picture in attachment.

Best regards,
Goran Kirandjiski

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/1af6b7f2-c43e-42f0-bf1c-515d95a108e5%40continuum.io\.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout\.
<BokehApp.png>

Just additional information, Only initialization of the application looks as in the picture. When change (update) some parameters (years, region or indicator) all plots looks very nice.

Best regards,
Goran

···

On Tuesday, January 30, 2018 at 8:02:43 PM UTC+1, Goran Goki wrote:

Hi,
I noticed that my bokeh application doesn’t represent the plots correctly on Internet Explorer (Version 11, desktop and mobile version) - see picture in attachment.

Best regards,
Goran Kirandjiski

Hi, The code is in attachment.

Best regards,
Goran

Test.py (11.1 KB)

···

On Tuesday, January 30, 2018 at 8:14:18 PM UTC+1, Bryan Van de ven wrote:

Hi,

It’s generally not possible to investigate or offer help without complete, minimal code to reproduce. Otherwise, the only suggestion I can offer is that there were some IE related fixes on current master IIRC, so you could try out a dev build to see if that helps.

Thanks,

Bryan

On Jan 30, 2018, at 13:02, Goran Goki [email protected] wrote:

Hi,

Best regards,

Goran Kirandjiski

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/1af6b7f2-c43e-42f0-bf1c-515d95a108e5%40continuum.io.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.

<BokehApp.png>

Could it be because your data is disordered at the start and you sort it within the update?
Bokeh can plot list of points with non sorted coordinates but if you use the line glyph it will link the first point to the second, the second to the third etc.

This consideration doesn’t matter for scatter plots though

for example:

from bokeh.io import show
from bokeh.plotting import figure
from bokeh.models import LabelSet, ColumnDataSource
from random import random
import numpy as np

x = np.array([random() for i in range(10)])
y = np.array([random() for i in x])
sort_IDs = np.argsort(x)

source = ColumnDataSource(data={‘x’:x,‘y’:y,‘text’:[str(i) for i in range(10)],‘xs’:x[sort_IDs],‘ys’:y[sort_IDs]})

fig = figure()
fig.line(‘x’,‘y’,color=‘blue’,line_dash=“dashed”,legend=‘non ordered’,source=source)
fig.line(‘xs’,‘ys’,color=‘red’,line_dash=“dotted”,legend=‘ordered’,source=source)
fig.scatter(x,y,color=‘green’)

labels = LabelSet(x=‘x’,y=‘y’,text=‘text’,source=source)
fig.add_layout(labels)
show(fig)

``

The labels show the index of the point in the ‘x’ array. The blue line links them following those indexes, while the red line produces the “expected” plot

···

Le mardi 30 janvier 2018 14:34:13 UTC-5, Goran Goki a écrit :

Hi, The code is in attachment.

Best regards,
Goran

On Tuesday, January 30, 2018 at 8:14:18 PM UTC+1, Bryan Van de ven wrote:

Hi,

It’s generally not possible to investigate or offer help without complete, minimal code to reproduce. Otherwise, the only suggestion I can offer is that there were some IE related fixes on current master IIRC, so you could try out a dev build to see if that helps.

Thanks,

Bryan

On Jan 30, 2018, at 13:02, Goran Goki [email protected] wrote:

Hi,

Best regards,

Goran Kirandjiski

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/1af6b7f2-c43e-42f0-bf1c-515d95a108e5%40continuum.io.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.

<BokehApp.png>