bokeh dev install in conda environment in windows

I created a new python 2.7 environment with conda to play with the current bokeh build on github, then

• I activated the environment
  • installed the JS dependencies
  • python setup.py install (also tried develop)

I noticed that bokeh-server.exe is in the base anaconda install, but not the environment. So, it appears to defer to the base bokeh install. I couldn’t locate where the .exe is generated in the build/install process.

Please let me know if i’m approaching this incorrectly. I just didn’t want to mess up the bokeh install in the base anaconda install.

Hi Nick, we actually build release packages on Linux then use “conda convert” to generate packages for other platforms. So, actually doing everything from source in windows is a path that has probably not been trod often. :slight_smile: I can believe there could be issues. I’ll try to fire up a VM soon and see if anything obvious pops out. (But can you make an issue for this on GH?) In the mean time you should just be able to use the bokeh-server script in the top level of the source checkout, i.e. just “python bokeh-server”.

I’ll also mention that, if you just want the latest, a dev build was released Friday, installable more simply via conda or pip, and that 0.7.1 will be released Monday.

Bryan

···

On Jan 10, 2015, at 09:03, Nick Roth [email protected] wrote:

I created a new python 2.7 environment with conda to play with the current bokeh build on github, then

• I activated the environment
  • installed the JS dependencies
  • python setup.py install (also tried develop)

I noticed that bokeh-server.exe is in the base anaconda install, but not the environment. So, it appears to defer to the base bokeh install. I couldn’t locate where the .exe is generated in the build/install process.

Please let me know if i’m approaching this incorrectly. I just didn’t want to mess up the bokeh install in the base anaconda install.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

To post to this group, send email to [email protected].

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/8022e5ca-37ae-4db5-9451-6dcec3bf691a%40continuum.io.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.