Bokeh Plots to be downloaded as a PPT slide

Greetings,
Please let me first start by thanking all the wizards that created bokeh. I am using it extensively. One thing that I tried to find, but couldnt after googling for a while is the ability to download a plot that is ready to be imported on a power point. I am aware that you can take a screenshot shot or you can save it as a png which you can paste on an empty slide, but what i am trying to do is something more systematic and pretty. I currently use the vplot and hplot to plot 10 figure on a single page and the user is interested in just one plot, can we add a download button that that downloads a microsoft ppt slide with that graph / figure on it and it is all auto-sized and symmetric and passes all the simple beauty checks?

Speaking of beauty checks, the strings in my legends are pretty long, is it possible to move the legend outside of the figure ?

Thank you

Can Baran

Hi Baran,

First I should mention that legends-outside-plot is coming in the next 0.12 release.

For the other question I am afraid I don't have very good news currently. Bokeh relies on the HMTL 5 canvas, and for collections of plots like HBox, VBOx, etc. there are actually several canvases, one for each subplot. There is no way to save them all, "all at once". I am not sure there can ever be. Your best option at present is save each subplot individually using the save tool and arrange them how you like in your PPT, or to use some kind of screen shot tool to capture an image of the entire browser page at once.

Thanks,

Bryan

···

On May 12, 2016, at 2:45 PM, [email protected] wrote:

Greetings,
Please let me first start by thanking all the wizards that created bokeh. I am using it extensively. One thing that I tried to find, but couldnt after googling for a while is the ability to download a plot that is ready to be imported on a power point. I am aware that you can take a screenshot shot or you can save it as a png which you can paste on an empty slide, but what i am trying to do is something more systematic and pretty. I currently use the vplot and hplot to plot 10 figure on a single page and the user is interested in just one plot, can we add a download button that that downloads a microsoft ppt slide with that graph / figure on it and it is all auto-sized and symmetric and passes all the simple beauty checks?
Speaking of beauty checks, the strings in my legends are pretty long, is it possible to move the legend outside of the figure ?
Thank you
Can Baran

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/6c764d09-9f75-4708-a539-0889af281eb3%40continuum.io\.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout\.

Hello Bryan,
Thank you for your response. Before I go ahead and open another thread, let me ask over here what other alternatives there are.

I understand that there is a save button within the canvas:

and I can certainly use it (I believe there are some compatibility issues with Google Chome as in the save disk button does work with IE but not with Chrome but that s a topic for another thread)

My main goal is when people see the plot, I would like them to be able to download it to a powerpoint it slide. What they currently do is, they download the numerical data via a download button i created again via Bokeh widgets and they create their own plots in xls, which is almost like repeating the work of my Graphical User Interface.

I can ask them to take screenshots and paste the screenshots onto their slides, but is there is any other way to transport the plots to a powerpoint slide?

Thank you

Can

···

On Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 5:27:09 PM UTC+3, Bryan Van de ven wrote:

Hi Baran,

First I should mention that legends-outside-plot is coming in the next 0.12 release.

For the other question I am afraid I don’t have very good news currently. Bokeh relies on the HMTL 5 canvas, and for collections of plots like HBox, VBOx, etc. there are actually several canvases, one for each subplot. There is no way to save them all, “all at once”. I am not sure there can ever be. Your best option at present is save each subplot individually using the save tool and arrange them how you like in your PPT, or to use some kind of screen shot tool to capture an image of the entire browser page at once.

Thanks,

Bryan

On May 12, 2016, at 2:45 PM, [email protected] wrote:

Greetings,

Thank you

Can Baran

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

To post to this group, send email to [email protected].

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/6c764d09-9f75-4708-a539-0889af281eb3%40continuum.io.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.