callbacks on gridplot datasources

I have a Bokeh app that includes a gridplot. The ColumnDataSource for each plot within the gridplot has a column named ‘id’. When any glyph in any plot within the gridplot is selected, I want to collect all of the values of the ‘id’ column for any selected records across all plots so I can use those later.

Can anyone suggest how to do this?

I’ve tried setting up on_change('selected', self, handler) on the source itself when creating the plot, as well as setting it up on the gridplot object as a whole, as well as setting it up within the setup_events method in the app class. I set up a break point within the handler itself as a sanity check, and that breakpoint never gets triggered when I select points (although if I run the python code manually and set a list of integers to the .selected attribute the handler it called and the break point triggered).

Thank you in advance for any suggestions you can offer.

Hi Schaun,

Are you able to post some code that we can look at and try to help you? From what you describe (something similar to https://github.com/bokeh/bokeh/blob/master/examples/plotting/server/selection_histogram.py) it should be working.

Cheers

Fabio

···

On Friday, May 1, 2015 at 3:15:17 AM UTC+2, Schaun Wheeler wrote:

I have a Bokeh app that includes a gridplot. The ColumnDataSource for each plot within the gridplot has a column named ‘id’. When any glyph in any plot within the gridplot is selected, I want to collect all of the values of the ‘id’ column for any selected records across all plots so I can use those later.

I’ve tried setting up on_change('selected', self, handler) on the source itself when creating the plot, as well as setting it up on the gridplot object as a whole, as well as setting it up within the setup_events method in the app class. I set up a break point within the handler itself as a sanity check, and that breakpoint never gets triggered when I select points (although if I run the python code manually and set a list of integers to the .selected attribute the handler it called and the break point triggered).

As of Bokeh 0.9.0 this no longer seems to be a problem. The callbacks work as expected.

···

On Thursday, May 7, 2015 at 11:46:40 AM UTC-4, Fabio Pliger wrote:

Hi Schaun,

Are you able to post some code that we can look at and try to help you? From what you describe (something similar to https://github.com/bokeh/bokeh/blob/master/examples/plotting/server/selection_histogram.py) it should be working.

Cheers

Fabio

On Friday, May 1, 2015 at 3:15:17 AM UTC+2, Schaun Wheeler wrote: