Can't see Server App Examples

I am very intrigued by the idea of the Bokeh Server Apps. I think it would be very an excellent addition to my data analysis workflow. I was trying to see the examples posted in the gallery of the latest release. However, when I click on the links to the sever apps I see nothing. I am using Chrome Version 47.0.2526.111.

Furthermore, when I inspect the page this is what I see in the log of the console:

Bokeh: setting prefix to /

Bokeh: setting log level to: ‘info’

WebSocket connection to ‘ws://demo.bokehplots.com/apps/movies/ws?bokeh-protocol-version=1.0&bokeh-session-id=5TL2e4QpyFdsSuZ1udglKFGwQAzkelVlbsmPZ6QXowuT’ failed: Error during WebSocket handshake: Unexpected response code: 400

Bokeh: Failed to connect to Bokeh server Error: Could not open websocket

Bokeh: Lost websocket 0 connection, 1006 ()

Bokeh: Websocket connection 0 disconnected, will not attempt to reconnect

I don’t know what is happening or if I am missing a plugin or something. I am wondering if anyone knows of examples of live Bokeh server apps that I can see.

Thanks!

Ropolo,

Thanks for your interest in Bokeh. There are no plugins needed, just standard, relatively recent browsers. I just tried all the examples on demo.bokehplots.com and they are all loading/functioning as expected on Crome and Safari. It is possible that you are in a network environment that is blocking certain port or websocket connections, especially if they are not SSL terminated. A few SO questions seem to point to this being a cause of "response code 400". The good news is that the demo site will be re-deployed within the next week behind https. In the mean time, perhaps you can try accessing from a different location, or else it is quite easy to run the examples locally. With Bokeh installed, and the example scripts/directories handy, it is as simple as:

bokeh serve --show movies

Thanks,

Bryan

···

On Jan 27, 2016, at 7:30 PM, ropolo <rodrig[email protected]> wrote:

I am very intrigued by the idea of the Bokeh Server Apps. I think it would be very an excellent addition to my data analysis workflow. I was trying to see the examples posted in the gallery of the latest release. However, when I click on the links to the sever apps I see nothing. I am using Chrome Version 47.0.2526.111.

Furthermore, when I inspect the page this is what I see in the log of the console:

Bokeh: setting log level to: 'info'
WebSocket connection to 'ws://demo.bokehplots.com/apps/movies/ws?bokeh-protocol-version=1.0&bokeh-session-id=5TL2e4QpyFdsSuZ1udglKFGwQAzkelVlbsmPZ6QXowuT' failed: Error during WebSocket handshake: Unexpected response code: 400

I don't know what is happening or if I am missing a plugin or something. I am wondering if anyone knows of examples of live Bokeh server apps that I can see.

Thanks!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/5dddfe3e-322b-4b9c-ba99-795847863142%40continuum.io.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.

Hi Bryan,

Thanks a lot for sharing the link to the example server apps. I did try in a different network environment and I was able to try all the examples. Thanks for the tip about running the example with Bokeh installed. Thanks for all the wonderful work with Bokeh!

···

On Wednesday, January 27, 2016 at 6:30:18 PM UTC-7, ropolo wrote:

Bokeh: setting log level to: ‘info’

WebSocket connection to ‘ws://demo.bokehplots.com/apps/movies/ws?bokeh-protocol-version=1.0&bokeh-session-id=5TL2e4QpyFdsSuZ1udglKFGwQAzkelVlbsmPZ6QXowuT’ failed: Error during WebSocket handshake: Unexpected response code: 400

I don’t know what is happening or if I am missing a plugin or something. I am wondering if anyone knows of examples of live Bokeh server apps that I can see.

Thanks!