Confused about the Bokeh Server

I am quite new to Python but I am very excited about it as a power tool for data analysis. I have been playing with bokeh in the Jupyter Notebook and I am very much interested to deploy an interactive data visualization project for my users. Nothing big. I want to start with a small project. However, I am quite confused about the bokeh server.
Is bokeh server a separate installation? Or is it already there on my laptop when I did my conda installation of Python? If I want to install the bokeh server on another machine that will “act” like a real server (say, a deployment internally in my office), where do I get the setup files for the bokeh server installation? What are the minimm system requirements for it to be installed?

Your questions don’t have a lot of context around them, so not much info to go on here. As you are new, I think the best bet for you is to start doing some tutorials. Start here: http://bokeh.pydata.org/en/latest/docs/user_guide/server.html and run through them. Make sure you have a good grasp of python as well before moving on.

*Is bokeh server a separate installation? *

• No. Once you install bokeh, you have bokeh serve as well once bokeh is installed.

*If I want to install the bokeh server on another machine that will “act” like a real server (say, a deployment internally in my office), where do I get the setup files for the bokeh server installation? *

• You’d need bokeh installed on both machines I would expect. Not done a configuration like that myself I’m afraid.

What are the minimm system requirements for it to be installed?

• I’ve not seen a minimum spec anywhere, but fairly low. Runs happily in VMs should you want it to.
···

On Friday, 24 March 2017 10:50:54 UTC, Ali wrote:

I am quite new to Python but I am very excited about it as a power tool for data analysis. I have been playing with bokeh in the Jupyter Notebook and I am very much interested to deploy an interactive data visualization project for my users. Nothing big. I want to start with a small project. However, I am quite confused about the bokeh server.
Is bokeh server a separate installation? Or is it already there on my laptop when I did my conda installation of Python? If I want to install the bokeh server on another machine that will “act” like a real server (say, a deployment internally in my office), where do I get the setup files for the bokeh server installation? What are the minimm system requirements for it to be installed?

Thanks a lot! I’ll have a thorough look at the link you provided.

···

On Friday, March 24, 2017 at 5:51:02 PM UTC+4, jhappa wrote:

Your questions don’t have a lot of context around them, so not much info to go on here. As you are new, I think the best bet for you is to start doing some tutorials. Start here: http://bokeh.pydata.org/en/latest/docs/user_guide/server.html and run through them. Make sure you have a good grasp of python as well before moving on.

*Is bokeh server a separate installation? *

• No. Once you install bokeh, you have bokeh serve as well once bokeh is installed.

*If I want to install the bokeh server on another machine that will “act” like a real server (say, a deployment internally in my office), where do I get the setup files for the bokeh server installation? *

• You’d need bokeh installed on both machines I would expect. Not done a configuration like that myself I’m afraid.

What are the minimm system requirements for it to be installed?

• I’ve not seen a minimum spec anywhere, but fairly low. Runs happily in VMs should you want it to.

On Friday, 24 March 2017 10:50:54 UTC, Ali wrote: