Convert working bokeh 0.10.0 code to bokeh 0.11.0

Dear All,

I upgraded to bokeh 0.11.0, but now none of my previously working bokeh codes work. Can anybody help me?
Eg. Bar chart in bokeh 0.10.0:

bar = Bar(df[‘y_attr_1’, ‘y_attr_2’]], df[‘x_attr_1’].values.tolist(), title=‘My tile’, stacked=True, palette=[‘blue’, ‘red’], width=600, height=400)
show(bar)

In bokeh 0.11.0 I get the following errors:

ERROR:C:\Python\Anaconda\lib\site-packages\bokeh\core\validation\check.py:W-1001 (NO_DATA_RENDERERS): Plot has no data renderers:
 Figure, ViewModel:Plot, ref _id: fef5bf97-2fe0-4f51-927e-8028f6867a94

Thank you!

Hi,

It’s hard to give you a good answer without know your data shape … It’s really hard to say anything without much information. From your code I’d guess you could call:

bar = Bar(df[[‘y_attr_1’, ‘y_attr_2’,‘x_attr_1’]], label=‘x_attr_1’, title=‘My tile’, stacked=True, palette=[‘blue’, ‘red’], width=600, height=400)

show(bar)

but it’d definitely be very helpful if you could provide a minimal reproducible example…

Thanks

Fabio

···

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 8:17 AM, [email protected] wrote:

Dear All,

I upgraded to bokeh 0.11.0, but now none of my previously working bokeh codes work. Can anybody help me?

bar = Bar(df[‘y_attr_1’, ‘y_attr_2’]], df[‘x_attr_1’].values.tolist(), title=‘My tile’, stacked=True, palette=[‘blue’, ‘red’], width=600, height=400)
show(bar)

ERROR:C:\Python\Anaconda\lib\site-packages\bokeh\core\validation\check.py:W-1001 (NO_DATA_RENDERERS): Plot has no data renderers:

Thank you!

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

To post to this group, send email to [email protected].

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/d36f9e42-6c6d-47f0-b7a4-1c60f9237eff%40continuum.io.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.

Fabio Pliger

Senior Software Engineer, Bokeh

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. I checked some exampes from bokeh Galery and none of them works. Eg.: iris_scatter gives no errors and generates an HTML output but this HTML has no content. The “iris_simple.html” HTML file is created, it has the “docs_json” part with a long JSON(?) that contains all necessary information.
I use Anaconda, Jupyter Notebook and Python 3.5 on Windows. Before I upgraded to bokeh 0.11.0, everything worked perfectly…

1. január 13., szerda 16:00:58 UTC+1 időpontban Fabio Pliger a következőt írta:
···

Hi,

It’s hard to give you a good answer without know your data shape … It’s really hard to say anything without much information. From your code I’d guess you could call:

bar = Bar(df[[‘y_attr_1’, ‘y_attr_2’,‘x_attr_1’]], label=‘x_attr_1’, title=‘My tile’, stacked=True, palette=[‘blue’, ‘red’], width=600, height=400)

show(bar)

but it’d definitely be very helpful if you could provide a minimal reproducible example…

Thanks

Fabio

Dear All,

show(bar)

Thank you!

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/d36f9e42-6c6d-47f0-b7a4-1c60f9237eff%40continuum.io.

Fabio Pliger

Hi,

If iris_scatter.py does not work when you run it with 0.11 installed then there has to be something wrong with your installation (because the example you linked clearly worked, and was generated from the code shown there). Can you describe how you installed Bokeh?

Bryan

···

On Jan 13, 2016, at 9:20 AM, [email protected] wrote:

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. I checked some exampes from bokeh Galery and none of them works. Eg.: iris_scatter gives no errors and generates an HTML output but this HTML has no content. The "iris_simple.html" HTML file is created, it has the "docs_json" part with a long JSON(?) that contains all necessary information.
I use Anaconda, Jupyter Notebook and Python 3.5 on Windows. Before I upgraded to bokeh 0.11.0, everything worked perfectly...

2016. január 13., szerda 16:00:58 UTC+1 időpontban Fabio Pliger a következőt írta:
Hi,

It's hard to give you a good answer without know your data shape ... It's really hard to say anything without much information. From your code I'd guess you could call:

bar = Bar(df[['y_attr_1', 'y_attr_2','x_attr_1']], label='x_attr_1', title='My tile', stacked=True, palette=['blue', 'red'], width=600, height=400)
show(bar)

but it'd definitely be very helpful if you could provide a minimal reproducible example..

Thanks

Fabio

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 8:17 AM, <[email protected]> wrote:
Dear All,

bar = Bar(df['y_attr_1', 'y_attr_2']], df['x_attr_1'].values.tolist(), title='My tile', stacked=True, palette=['blue', 'red'], width=600, height=400)
show(bar)

Thank you!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to bokeh+un...@continuum.io.
To post to this group, send email to bo...@continuum.io.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/d36f9e42-6c6d-47f0-b7a4-1c60f9237eff%40continuum.io\.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout\.

--
Fabio Pliger

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/4e763a45-1573-4452-85ef-c7ce610689a2%40continuum.io\.

Hi,

I upgraded bokeh in Anaconda with this command:
conda update bokeh

It upgraded some other moduls as well:
conda from 3.18.7 to 3.19.0
conda-env from 2.4.4 to 2.4.5
menuinst from 1.3.0 to 1.3.2
python from 3.5.0-4 to 3.5.1-0
requests from 2.8.1 to 2.9.0
setuptools from 18.5 to 19.1.1
tornado from 4.2.1 to 4.3

Now I downgraded bokeh back to 0.10.0 but my previously working codes does not work anymore. And it is the same for examples. Eg. at stacked_bar and at my code, I get this error:

StopIteration:

I downgraded all of the above packages but the same error occurs.

1. január 13., szerda 16:59:09 UTC+1 időpontban Bryan Van de ven a következőt írta:
···

Hi,

If iris_scatter.py does not work when you run it with 0.11 installed then there has to be something wrong with your installation (because the example you linked clearly worked, and was generated from the code shown there). Can you describe how you installed Bokeh?

Bryan

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. I checked some exampes from bokeh Galery and none of them works. Eg.: iris_scatter gives no errors and generates an HTML output but this HTML has no content. The “iris_simple.html” HTML file is created, it has the “docs_json” part with a long JSON(?) that contains all necessary information.

I use Anaconda, Jupyter Notebook and Python 3.5 on Windows. Before I upgraded to bokeh 0.11.0, everything worked perfectly…

Hi,

show(bar)

Thanks

Fabio

Dear All,

show(bar)

Thank you!

Fabio Pliger

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/4e763a45-1573-4452-85ef-c7ce610689a2%40continuum.io.

Can you try creating a completely clean new conda environment to test as a baseline? With something like:

conda create -n testenv bokeh

then (on linux or OSX)

source activate testenv

(more info about conda environemnts: http://conda.pydata.org/docs/using/envs.html\)

Is this python 2 or 3?

Bryan

···

On Jan 13, 2016, at 10:29 AM, [email protected] wrote:

Hi,

conda update bokeh

Now I downgraded bokeh back to 0.10.0 but my previously working codes does not work anymore. And it is the same for examples. Eg. at stacked_bar and at my code, I get this error:
StopIteration:

2016. január 13., szerda 16:59:09 UTC+1 időpontban Bryan Van de ven a következőt írta:
Hi,

Bryan

> On Jan 13, 2016, at 9:20 AM, rag...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Thank you for your answer. I checked some exampes from bokeh Galery and none of them works. Eg.: iris_scatter gives no errors and generates an HTML output but this HTML has no content. The "iris_simple.html" HTML file is created, it has the "docs_json" part with a long JSON(?) that contains all necessary information.
> I use Anaconda, Jupyter Notebook and Python 3.5 on Windows. Before I upgraded to bokeh 0.11.0, everything worked perfectly...
>
> 2016. január 13., szerda 16:00:58 UTC+1 időpontban Fabio Pliger a következőt írta:
> Hi,
>
> It's hard to give you a good answer without know your data shape ... It's really hard to say anything without much information. From your code I'd guess you could call:
>
> bar = Bar(df[['y_attr_1', 'y_attr_2','x_attr_1']], label='x_attr_1', title='My tile', stacked=True, palette=['blue', 'red'], width=600, height=400)
> show(bar)
>
> but it'd definitely be very helpful if you could provide a minimal reproducible example..
>
> Thanks
>
> Fabio
>
>
> On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 8:17 AM, <[email protected]> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I upgraded to bokeh 0.11.0, but now none of my previously working bokeh codes work. Can anybody help me?
> Eg. Bar chart in bokeh 0.10.0:
>
> bar = Bar(df['y_attr_1', 'y_attr_2']], df['x_attr_1'].values.tolist(), title='My tile', stacked=True, palette=['blue', 'red'], width=600, height=400)
> show(bar)
>
> In bokeh 0.11.0 I get the following errors:
> ERROR:C:\Python\Anaconda\lib\site-packages\bokeh\core\validation\check.py:W-1001 (NO_DATA_RENDERERS): Plot has no data renderers:
> Figure, ViewModel:Plot, ref _id: fef5bf97-2fe0-4f51-927e-8028f6867a94
>
> Thank you!
>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to bokeh+un...@continuum.io.
> To post to this group, send email to bo...@continuum.io.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/d36f9e42-6c6d-47f0-b7a4-1c60f9237eff%40continuum.io\.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout\.
>
>
>
> --
> Fabio Pliger
> Senior Software Engineer, Bokeh
>
>
>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to bokeh+un...@continuum.io.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/4e763a45-1573-4452-85ef-c7ce610689a2%40continuum.io\.

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/1f9caad5-5384-4cb6-a570-8ec473b41a01%40continuum.io\.

Thank you for your answer!

Instead of environments I uninstalled the whole Anaconda then I installed the latest version (Anaconda3-2.4.1, so with Python 3.5.1).
Now the iris example works well but the stacked_bar example and my previously working Bar chart still give “StopIteration” errors. In Anaconda3-2.4.1 the Python 3.5.1 and bokeh 0.10.0 are present.

An other intresting error occurs in this webpage below the “stacked_bar” example:
Error

Unable to generate Bokeh plot at /home/travis/build/bokeh/bokeh/sphinx/source/docs/reference/charts.rst:31:

It is really interesting that for example the scatter example on this page is shown perfectly. But the bar and line examples give the above errors. The above iris example that now works well for me, is also a scatter chart.

Here is the “Stopiteration” error:

<details class='elided'>
<summary title='Show trimmed content'>&#183;&#183;&#183;</summary>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
StopIteration                             Traceback (most recent call last)
<ipython-input-16-57d75cb8598a> in <module>()
     10 cat = ['1st', '2nd']
---> 12 bar = Bar(xyvalues, cat, title="Stacked bars", xlabel="category", ylabel="language")
     14 output_file("stacked_bar.html")

C:\Python\Anaconda\lib\site-packages\bokeh\charts\builder\bar_builder.py in Bar(data, label, values, color, stack, group, agg, xscale, yscale, xgrid, ygrid, continuous_range, **kw)
     97     kw['y_range'] = y_range
---> 99     return create_and_build(BarBuilder, data, **kw)

C:\Python\Anaconda\lib\site-packages\bokeh\charts\_builder.py in create_and_build(builder_class, *data, **kws)
     57     # create the new builder
     58     builder_kws = {k: v for k, v in kws.items() if k in builder_props}
---> 59     builder = builder_class(*data, **builder_kws)
     61     # create a chart to return, since there isn't one already

C:\Python\Anaconda\lib\site-packages\bokeh\charts\_builder.py in __init__(self, *args, **kws)
    175             # handle input attrs and ensure attrs have access to data
--> 176             self._setup_attrs(data, kws)
    178         super(Builder, self).__init__(**kws)

C:\Python\Anaconda\lib\site-packages\bokeh\charts\_builder.py in _setup_attrs(self, data, kws)
    205             elif isinstance(attr, str) or isinstance(attr, list):
    206                 self.attributes[attr_name] = self.default_attributes[attr_name].clone()
--> 207                 self.attributes[attr_name].setup(data=source, columns=attr)
    209             else:

C:\Python\Anaconda\lib\site-packages\bokeh\charts\_attributes.py in setup(self, data, columns)
    108             if columns is not None:
--> 109                 self.set_columns(columns)
    111         if self.columns is not None and self.data is not None:

C:\Python\Anaconda\lib\site-packages\bokeh\charts\_attributes.py in set_columns(self, columns)
    100             # assume this is now the iterable at this point
    101             self.iterable = columns
--> 102             self._setup_default()
    104     def setup(self, data=None, columns=None):

C:\Python\Anaconda\lib\site-packages\bokeh\charts\_attributes.py in _setup_default(self)
     69     def _setup_default(self):
---> 70         self.default = next(self._setup_iterable())
     72     def _setup_iterable(self):

StopIteration:
  1. január 13., szerda 18:06:07 UTC+1 időpontban Bryan Van de ven a következőt írta:

Can you try creating a completely clean new conda environment to test as a baseline? With something like:

then (on linux or OSX)

source activate testenv

(more info about conda environemnts: http://conda.pydata.org/docs/using/envs.html)

Is this python 2 or 3?

Bryan

Hi,

conda update bokeh

StopIteration:

1. január 13., szerda 16:59:09 UTC+1 időpontban Bryan Van de ven a következőt írta:

Hi,

Bryan

Hi,

Hi,

show(bar)

Thanks

Fabio

Dear All,

show(bar)

Thank you!

Fabio Pliger

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/4e763a45-1573-4452-85ef-c7ce610689a2%40continuum.io.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/1f9caad5-5384-4cb6-a570-8ec473b41a01%40continuum.io.

This seems to either be a bug, or a problem with the example that needs to be fixed. Can you make an issue on GitHub so that it can be tracked and prioritized and the right people can be directed to it?

Thanks,

Bryan

···

On Jan 13, 2016, at 11:50 AM, [email protected] wrote:

Instead of environments I uninstalled the whole Anaconda then I installed the latest version (Anaconda3-2.4.1, so with Python 3.5.1).
Now the iris example works well but the stacked_bar example and my previously working Bar chart still give "StopIteration" errors. In Anaconda3-2.4.1 the Python 3.5.1 and bokeh 0.10.0 are present.

An other intresting error occurs in this webpage below the "stacked_bar" example:
Error

Unable to generate Bokeh plot at /home/travis/build/bokeh/bokeh/sphinx/source/docs/reference/charts.rst:31:

It is really interesting that for example the scatter example on this page is shown perfectly. But the bar and line examples give the above errors. The above iris example that now works well for me, is also a scatter chart.

Here is the "Stopiteration" error:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
StopIteration
                             Traceback (most recent call last)

<ipython-input-16-57d75cb8598a> in <module>()
     10 cat = ['1st', '2nd']
---> 12 bar = Bar(xyvalues, cat, title="Stacked bars", xlabel="category", ylabel="language")

C:\Python\Anaconda\lib\site-packages\bokeh\charts\builder\bar_builder.py in Bar(data, label, values, color, stack, group, agg, xscale, yscale, xgrid, ygrid, continuous_range, **kw)
     97 kw['y_range'] = y_range
---> 99 return create_and_build(BarBuilder, data, **kw)

C:\Python\Anaconda\lib\site-packages\bokeh\charts\_builder.py in create_and_build(builder_class, *data, **kws)
     57 # create the new builder
     58 builder_kws = {k: v for k, v in kws.items() if k in builder_props}
---> 59 builder = builder_class(*data, **builder_kws)
     61 # create a chart to return, since there isn't one already

C:\Python\Anaconda\lib\site-packages\bokeh\charts\_builder.py in __init__(self, *args, **kws)
    175 # handle input attrs and ensure attrs have access to data
--> 176 self._setup_attrs(data, kws)
    178 super(Builder, self).__init__(**kws)

C:\Python\Anaconda\lib\site-packages\bokeh\charts\_builder.py in _setup_attrs(self, data, kws)
    205 elif isinstance(attr, str) or isinstance(attr, list):
    206 self.attributes[attr_name] = self.default_attributes[attr_name].clone()
--> 207 self.attributes[attr_name].setup(data=source, columns=attr)
    209 else:

C:\Python\Anaconda\lib\site-packages\bokeh\charts\_attributes.py in setup(self, data, columns)
    108 if columns is not None:
--> 109 self.set_columns(columns)
    111 if self.columns is not None and self.data is not None:

C:\Python\Anaconda\lib\site-packages\bokeh\charts\_attributes.py in set_columns(self, columns)
    100 # assume this is now the iterable at this point
    101 self.iterable = columns
--> 102 self._setup_default()
    104 def setup(self, data=None, columns=None):

C:\Python\Anaconda\lib\site-packages\bokeh\charts\_attributes.py in _setup_default(self)
     69 def _setup_default(self):
---> 70 self.default = next(self._setup_iterable())
     72 def _setup_iterable(self):

StopIteration:

2016. január 13., szerda 18:06:07 UTC+1 időpontban Bryan Van de ven a következőt írta:

then (on linux or OSX)

source activate testenv

(more info about conda environemnts: http://conda.pydata.org/docs/using/envs.html\)

Is this python 2 or 3?

Bryan

> On Jan 13, 2016, at 10:29 AM, rag...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I upgraded bokeh in Anaconda with this command:
> conda update bokeh
>
> It upgraded some other moduls as well:
> conda from 3.18.7 to 3.19.0
> conda-env from 2.4.4 to 2.4.5
> menuinst from 1.3.0 to 1.3.2
> python from 3.5.0-4 to 3.5.1-0
> requests from 2.8.1 to 2.9.0
> setuptools from 18.5 to 19.1.1
> tornado from 4.2.1 to 4.3
>
> Now I downgraded bokeh back to 0.10.0 but my previously working codes does not work anymore. And it is the same for examples. Eg. at stacked_bar and at my code, I get this error:
> StopIteration:
>
> I downgraded all of the above packages but the same error occurs.
>
>
>
> 2016. január 13., szerda 16:59:09 UTC+1 időpontban Bryan Van de ven a következőt írta:
> Hi,
>
> If iris_scatter.py does not work when you run it with 0.11 installed then there has to be something wrong with your installation (because the example you linked clearly worked, and was generated from the code shown there). Can you describe how you installed Bokeh?
>
> Bryan
>
>
> > On Jan 13, 2016, at 9:20 AM, rag...@gmail.com wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Thank you for your answer. I checked some exampes from bokeh Galery and none of them works. Eg.: iris_scatter gives no errors and generates an HTML output but this HTML has no content. The "iris_simple.html" HTML file is created, it has the "docs_json" part with a long JSON(?) that contains all necessary information.
> > I use Anaconda, Jupyter Notebook and Python 3.5 on Windows. Before I upgraded to bokeh 0.11.0, everything worked perfectly...
> >
> > 2016. január 13., szerda 16:00:58 UTC+1 időpontban Fabio Pliger a következőt írta:
> > Hi,
> >
> > It's hard to give you a good answer without know your data shape ... It's really hard to say anything without much information. From your code I'd guess you could call:
> >
> > bar = Bar(df[['y_attr_1', 'y_attr_2','x_attr_1']], label='x_attr_1', title='My tile', stacked=True, palette=['blue', 'red'], width=600, height=400)
> > show(bar)
> >
> > but it'd definitely be very helpful if you could provide a minimal reproducible example..
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Fabio
> >
> >
> > On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 8:17 AM, <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Dear All,
> >
> > I upgraded to bokeh 0.11.0, but now none of my previously working bokeh codes work. Can anybody help me?
> > Eg. Bar chart in bokeh 0.10.0:
> >
> > bar = Bar(df['y_attr_1', 'y_attr_2']], df['x_attr_1'].values.tolist(), title='My tile', stacked=True, palette=['blue', 'red'], width=600, height=400)
> > show(bar)
> >
> > In bokeh 0.11.0 I get the following errors:
> > ERROR:C:\Python\Anaconda\lib\site-packages\bokeh\core\validation\check.py:W-1001 (NO_DATA_RENDERERS): Plot has no data renderers:
> > Figure, ViewModel:Plot, ref _id: fef5bf97-2fe0-4f51-927e-8028f6867a94
> >
> > Thank you!
> >
> >
> > --
> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
> > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to bokeh+un...@continuum.io.
> > To post to this group, send email to bo...@continuum.io.
> > To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/d36f9e42-6c6d-47f0-b7a4-1c60f9237eff%40continuum.io\.
> > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout\.
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > Fabio Pliger
> > Senior Software Engineer, Bokeh
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
> > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to bokeh+un...@continuum.io.
> > To post to this group, send email to bo...@continuum.io.
> > To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/4e763a45-1573-4452-85ef-c7ce610689a2%40continuum.io\.
> > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout\.
>
>
> --
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/1f9caad5-5384-4cb6-a570-8ec473b41a01%40continuum.io\.

--
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/54b292a6-b51b-4543-bb66-14288b8d50c8%40continuum.io\.

The problem was that in my code I forget to change back the import part when I returned to bokeh 0.10.0. So in bokeh 0.10.0 one should use:

from bokeh._legacy_charts import Bar

but in bokeh 0.11.0 this works (or not):

from bokeh.charts import Bar

Maybe the problem is the same on the webpage that sohws examples related to bokeh 0.10.0

1. január 13., szerda 19:01:35 UTC+1 időpontban Bryan Van de ven a következőt írta:
···

This seems to either be a bug, or a problem with the example that needs to be fixed. Can you make an issue on GitHub so that it can be tracked and prioritized and the right people can be directed to it?

Thanks,

Bryan

Now the iris example works well but the stacked_bar example and my previously working Bar chart still give “StopIteration” errors. In Anaconda3-2.4.1 the Python 3.5.1 and bokeh 0.10.0 are present.

An other intresting error occurs in this webpage below the “stacked_bar” example:

Error

StopIteration

in ()

10 cat = ['1st', '2nd']

—> 12 bar = Bar(xyvalues, cat, title=“Stacked bars”, xlabel=“category”, ylabel=“language”)

—> 99 return create_and_build(BarBuilder, data, **kw)

C:\Python\Anaconda\lib\site-packages\bokeh\charts_builder.py in create_and_build(builder_class, *data, **kws)

—> 59 builder = builder_class(*data, **builder_kws)

C:\Python\Anaconda\lib\site-packages\bokeh\charts_builder.py in init(self, *args, **kws)

→ 176 self._setup_attrs(data, kws)

C:\Python\Anaconda\lib\site-packages\bokeh\charts_builder.py in _setup_attrs(self, data, kws)

206                 self.attributes[attr_name] = self.default_attributes[attr_name].clone()

→ 207 self.attributes[attr_name].setup(data=source, columns=attr)

209             else:

C:\Python\Anaconda\lib\site-packages\bokeh\charts_attributes.py in setup(self, data, columns)

→ 109 self.set_columns(columns)

C:\Python\Anaconda\lib\site-packages\bokeh\charts_attributes.py in set_columns(self, columns)

→ 102 self._setup_default()

C:\Python\Anaconda\lib\site-packages\bokeh\charts_attributes.py in _setup_default(self)

—> 70 self.default = next(self._setup_iterable())

StopIteration:

1. január 13., szerda 18:06:07 UTC+1 időpontban Bryan Van de ven a következőt írta:

then (on linux or OSX)

source activate testenv

(more info about conda environemnts: http://conda.pydata.org/docs/using/envs.html)

Is this python 2 or 3?

Bryan

Hi,

conda update bokeh

StopIteration:

Hi,

Bryan

Hi,

Hi,

show(bar)

Thanks

Fabio

Dear All,

show(bar)

Thank you!

Fabio Pliger

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/1f9caad5-5384-4cb6-a570-8ec473b41a01%40continuum.io.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/54b292a6-b51b-4543-bb66-14288b8d50c8%40continuum.io.

Hi,

Sorry, I’m very confused… Really finding hard time understanding your installation setup, examples and documentation your are following versions…

···

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 6:16 AM, [email protected] wrote:

The problem was that in my code I forget to change back the import part when I returned to bokeh 0.10.0. So in bokeh 0.10.0 one should use:

from bokeh._legacy_charts import Bar

but in bokeh 0.11.0 this works (or not):

from bokeh.charts import Bar

Maybe the problem is the same on the webpage that sohws examples related to bokeh 0.10.0

These docs are outdated and refer to the old 0.10 version. You should use the new ones at http://bokeh.pydata.org/

I really suggest you to follow Bryan advice and create a dedicated environment for this (so we can ensure version and environment isolation). Something like:

Since you are on Windows, you can activate the env with:

activate testenv

Also, since you’ve installed bokeh with conda you’ll already have the version examples in the examples folder into your Anaconda directory. Otherwise you can find the latest ones at our repo: https://github.com/bokeh/bokeh/tree/master/examples (for the latest on master) and https://github.com/bokeh/bokeh/tree/0.11.0/examples for the tagged 0.11 release.

In case it doesn’t help, an issue to help us triage it would be helpful…

Thanks!

Fabio

1. január 13., szerda 19:01:35 UTC+1 időpontban Bryan Van de ven a következőt írta:

Thanks,

Bryan

Error

StopIteration

in ()

10 cat = ['1st', '2nd']

—> 12 bar = Bar(xyvalues, cat, title=“Stacked bars”, xlabel=“category”, ylabel=“language”)

—> 99 return create_and_build(BarBuilder, data, **kw)

C:\Python\Anaconda\lib\site-packages\bokeh\charts_builder.py in create_and_build(builder_class, *data, **kws)

—> 59 builder = builder_class(*data, **builder_kws)

C:\Python\Anaconda\lib\site-packages\bokeh\charts_builder.py in init(self, *args, **kws)

→ 176 self._setup_attrs(data, kws)

C:\Python\Anaconda\lib\site-packages\bokeh\charts_builder.py in _setup_attrs(self, data, kws)

→ 207 self.attributes[attr_name].setup(data=source, columns=attr)

209             else:

C:\Python\Anaconda\lib\site-packages\bokeh\charts_attributes.py in setup(self, data, columns)

→ 109 self.set_columns(columns)

C:\Python\Anaconda\lib\site-packages\bokeh\charts_attributes.py in set_columns(self, columns)

→ 102 self._setup_default()

C:\Python\Anaconda\lib\site-packages\bokeh\charts_attributes.py in _setup_default(self)

—> 70 self.default = next(self._setup_iterable())

StopIteration:

then (on linux or OSX)

source activate testenv

Is this python 2 or 3?

Bryan

Hi,

conda update bokeh

StopIteration:

Hi,

Bryan

Hi,

Hi,

show(bar)

Thanks

Fabio

Dear All,

show(bar)

Thank you!

Fabio Pliger

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/54b292a6-b51b-4543-bb66-14288b8d50c8%40continuum.io.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/dd3581ff-a957-4467-9bf6-8a0d3f053b92%40continuum.io.

Fabio Pliger