Create clean dashboard with 1 tool bar

Hello,

I'm interested in using Bokeh to create dashboards that I previously created in Matplotlib.
One nice thing about MPL is that I can use subplot2grid to specify the exact position and size of each subplot within a dashboard.

I'm wondering if Bokeh has similar options or if I would need to integrate it with MPL to do that (and only have 1 toolbar that applies to the whole dashboard or none at all if it has to export with the image).

An example of one dashboard can be found at the bottom of this page: www.excelancedata.com/portfolio

My ultimate goal is to iterate through a data frame and create one dashboard per school, which I currently do with pandas and MPL.

Thanks,
Michael

Hi Michael,

Bokeh current offers a few options to create dashboards, grid and other similar layouts:

• it provides HBox, VBox, GridPlot, etc… Those are not really option at the current status but can to the job in a fair number of use cases

• it provides ways to build subplots (or sub layouts) that can be added to your own html page template. The downside of this solution is that you’ll need to do some work to “make things look as you want” and this work will most likely involve some html/web writing.

But… the great news is that there is currently an exciting active effort on implementing a much more robust layout system. This will let users easily define quite complex layouts in a very easy and nice way. There is currently an open PR here that already add some improvements and more work is following. I’m personally very excited about it and hoping that it can land on master and a following release soon. So I’d encourage you to try and stay tuned for more updates on the layout system.

Thanks

···

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 9:48 AM, [email protected] wrote:

Hello,

I’m interested in using Bokeh to create dashboards that I previously created in Matplotlib.

One nice thing about MPL is that I can use subplot2grid to specify the exact position and size of each subplot within a dashboard.

I’m wondering if Bokeh has similar options or if I would need to integrate it with MPL to do that (and only have 1 toolbar that applies to the whole dashboard or none at all if it has to export with the image).

An example of one dashboard can be found at the bottom of this page: www.excelancedata.com/portfolio

My ultimate goal is to iterate through a data frame and create one dashboard per school, which I currently do with pandas and MPL.

Thanks,

Michael

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

To post to this group, send email to [email protected].

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/a2a4a0d2-01dd-4603-9591-6f79d1443958%40continuum.io.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.

Fabio Pliger

Senior Software Engineer, Bokeh