CustomJS to change selection on multiple figs, incorrect selection until each fig is clicked

I have 4 figures with 4 different data sources that contains different data except for a common alt_id column.

My goal is to have the user’s selection of a single point on one figure, result in the selection of all the datapoints sharing the same alt_id on all figures.

This does work, but not immediately. When the page is first displayed, the selection of a datapoint on one figure causes seemingly random selections on the other three. The selection on the initial figure is fine.

This problem continues unless and until datapoints are selected on each of the figures in turn. From then on the callback works as intended.

Is there some reindexing that occurs when a selection is made?

Here is the callback code as it stands right now.

cb_click = CustomJS(args=dict(s1=s1, s2=s2, s3=s3, s4=s4), code="""

var sources = [s1, s2, s3, s4];
var new_sel = [s1.selected, s2.selected, s3.selected, s4.selected];
var new_idx = [[], [], [], []];

// get the index of the circle that is being selected
var j = cb_obj.selected['1d'].indices[0];

// identify the target, all data relating to this will be selected
var tg = cb_obj.data['alt_id'][j];

// loop over the sources and 'select' all the items that match the targets alt_id
for(var k = 0; k < sources.length; k++) {

// create an array idx that contains the indices of the points you want to select
        for(var i = 0; i < sources[k].data['alt_id'].length; i++) {

if (sources[k].data['alt_id'][i] == tg) {
                            new_idx[k].push(i);
                        }
            }

// append the new selected array to the source
        new_sel[k]['1d'].indices = new_idx[k];
        sources[k].selected = new_sel[k];
        sources[k].trigger('change');    
    }

“”")

``

I do not have an idea but if you post some more code lines it would be easier to run it. The only things I wondered about were the trigger inside the loop and that you run the loop with all sources instead of skipping the cb_obj. Yet, that should not cause the error.

I found a workaround, which was to initialise the data sources with the zero index already selected. This did not work with an empty array, but did with [0]. This results in some point on the chart being selected on start-up, but it correct itself (for all plots) on the first user interaction.

for s in all_sources:
s.selected = {‘0d’: {‘glyph’: None, ‘indices’: }, ‘1d’: {‘indices’: [0]}, ‘2d’: {}}

``