datasource.stream() hangs

Hi,

on previous feedback I managed to get my app to dynamically at runtime add plots to a webpage and update them realtime.

I also want to remove plots from the page, which is working with mixed success. The plot effectively goes away, but everything else stops working as well.

If I comment line 76 in plot.py · GitHub, the plot goes away and everything keeps running but I have no useful plot as no data ever gets put on it.

So the datasource.stream() function somehow breaks everything if I remove a plot but it throws no exception or whatsoever so I have no idea how to solve it.

My main python process has an active event loop in which it sometimes initializes a Plot of the previously mentioned file and calls update on it.

When the plot is no longer relevant it calls the plot.remove_plot() method.

Any ideas would be great,

thanks in advance.

Some more testing and I found out that instead of plots.children.remove or .pop everything keeps working if I first pop the figure and then append it again to the list.

Still no idea how to make it disappear though.

···

Op maandag 27 maart 2017 17:58:44 UTC+2 schreef Darragh Van Tichelen:

Hi,

on previous feedback I managed to get my app to dynamically at runtime add plots to a webpage and update them realtime.

I also want to remove plots from the page, which is working with mixed success. The plot effectively goes away, but everything else stops working as well.

If I comment line 76 in https://gist.github.com/Kruptein/13e3a782283ab4e73c7a893ed3cc0d48, the plot goes away and everything keeps running but I have no useful plot as no data ever gets put on it.

So the datasource.stream() function somehow breaks everything if I remove a plot but it throws no exception or whatsoever so I have no idea how to solve it.

My main python process has an active event loop in which it sometimes initializes a Plot of the previously mentioned file and calls update on it.

thanks in advance.

Hi,

There were some bugs related to server synchronization of containers for 0.12.5 and some layout bugs should be fixed for 0.12.6 (ETA June 8) so you might give this a new try and report back if you can.

Thanks,

Bryan

···

On Mar 28, 2017, at 06:26, Darragh Van Tichelen <[email protected]> wrote:

Some more testing and I found out that instead of plots.children.remove or .pop everything keeps working if I first pop the figure and then append it again to the list.

Still no idea how to make it disappear though.

Op maandag 27 maart 2017 17:58:44 UTC+2 schreef Darragh Van Tichelen:
Hi,

If I comment line 76 in plot.py · GitHub, the plot goes away and everything keeps running but I have no useful plot as no data ever gets put on it.

thanks in advance.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/691b8522-9551-4407-bf51-e3125f449c4f%40continuum.io\.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout\.