Deploy Bokeh Server into production on IP address

I don’t, offhand. I’m not a regular Windows user by any stretch. None of the core devs are regular Windows users. That’s one of the challenges of volunteer OSS: you only get whoever chooses to show up. We make sure basic usage for standalone and notebook and bokeh serve running works on Windows. I would love for someone to decide they want to be the “Windows Maintainer” for Bokeh to help develop and document more advanced scenarios like this, but as of yet no one has taken up the role.

This is something I could potentially spend time investigating myself, given a Minimal, Reproducible Example to start with. But to set expectations: we are in the middle of a release and I also have a day job, so the turnaround time on that would be measured in days. And again: the first, absolutely necessary step is to provide a compete example and instructions to reproduce what you are seeing, without any modifications or guessing about missing details.

The example that was sent by @_jm is a minimal reproducible example. It doesn’t work on my Windows 10 system with Bokeh 2.0.2 but it works on @_jm’s.

I get the error:

RuntimeError: There is no current event loop in thread ‘Thread-1’.
As of now, I cannot find a fix for this.

Could you help me come up with a workaround for now? I would create multiple Flask apps under different ports, but I can’t even get that to work on windows as the document doesn’t load unless the port for server_document is :5006, do you have any suggestions for why that may be the case? I can send a relevant minimal reproducible example right now if that works best. Sorry for taking up your time on this.

If I can actually complete this bokeh project, I would need to maintain it in Windows and would be happy to try to help with Windows Maintenance for bokeh. (I’m not sure how qualified I would be though, I studied CS at MIT but nothing in this area, but would love to try to learn!)

I don’t, because this thread has gotten quite long and there are too many threads. What would solve that: A gist, with everything ready to copy and paste into local files, with instructions for me to run.