Displaying arbitrary HTML using Hovertool

Hi,

Upon a mouse-over event, I’d like to use the hover tool to display arbitrary HTML. Basically, what I"m doing is this:

for idx in plot_df.index:

plot_df.loc[idx, ‘html_str’] = post_peer_review.loc[idx, [col1, col2]].to_html()

and then turning plot_df into a ColumnDataSource, and using the hovertool to display ‘html_str’. This however quotes the html, and does not display it.

Unfortunately, I cannot put the actual html into the hovertool and refer to values in the ColumnSource, because the information is coming from a separate dataframe and contains a variable number of rows. It would of course be possible to put some clever javascript to nicely format a table depending on row numbers, but it would be much nicer to let pandas handle that for me.

Is there a way to get the hovertool to display the html without quoting it?

At the moment I don’t believe so.

This is a really good idea though. We would need some kind of safe mark in the tooltips. This would be similar to what is available in many templating languages.

Would you mind opening an issue for this?

···

On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 4:46 AM, [email protected] wrote:

Hi,

Upon a mouse-over event, I’d like to use the hover tool to display arbitrary HTML. Basically, what I"m doing is this:

for idx in plot_df.index:

plot_df.loc[idx, ‘html_str’] = post_peer_review.loc[idx, [col1, col2]].to_html()

and then turning plot_df into a ColumnDataSource, and using the hovertool to display ‘html_str’. This however quotes the html, and does not display it.

Unfortunately, I cannot put the actual html into the hovertool and refer to values in the ColumnSource, because the information is coming from a separate dataframe and contains a variable number of rows. It would of course be possible to put some clever javascript to nicely format a table depending on row numbers, but it would be much nicer to let pandas handle that for me.

Is there a way to get the hovertool to display the html without quoting it?

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

To post to this group, send email to [email protected].

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/13103526-f2a7-413b-a39d-b28bf201cb48%40continuum.io.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.