Embed Bokeh in PyQt or TKinter for a desktop application?

Hello guys,

I really like Bokeh and the way plots are presented and all of the other choices it can give you for this.

Now, I would like to know if I can embed those plots in a PyQt or TKinter Gui. Is for a desktop app, not a web app. If anyone has used it or try it, or knows is possible, please let me know.

Thanks for your time!

Hi,

I wish I had some specific information or guidance to give you. The long and the short of it is that Bokeh requires an HTML widget that supports executing JavaScript. If you are wanting to embed a Bokeh server app it will also need to support websockets. I am afraid I don't know anything about TKinter. I believe newer version of Qt might support enough to embed Bokeh plots, however. There is an SO answer that might have some useful info here:

html - Bokeh plots do not display in QWebView - Stack Overflow

If you get something working, please consider contributing an example or documentation to the project.

Thanks,

Bryan

···

On Jan 10, 2017, at 3:30 PM, [email protected] wrote:

Hello guys,

I really like Bokeh and the way plots are presented and all of the other choices it can give you for this.

Now, I would like to know if I can embed those plots in a PyQt or TKinter Gui. Is for a desktop app, not a web app. If anyone has used it or try it, or knows is possible, please let me know.

Thanks for your time!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/4f487b02-18fe-4d8d-ab13-5e0883ad11cb%40continuum.io\.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout\.

Thanks for your response Bryan. I’ll find a way, if there’s any, and I’ll leave feedback here, SO and everywhere I can.

Take care!

Hi Aquiles,

Did you get this to work?

Ed

···

On Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at 11:18:43 PM UTC, Aquiles J. wrote:

Thanks for your response Bryan. I’ll find a way, if there’s any, and I’ll leave feedback here, SO and everywhere I can.

Take care!