At present, the top level bokeh.org URL redirects to the docs site (currently bokeh.pydata.org but eventually moving to docs.bokeh.org). It would be nice to have a simple but polished “Front Page” at bokeh.org that provides answers to “What is Bokeh?” and “Why use Bokeh?” right up front, as well as quickly gets people to other appropriate destinations:
- This Discourse
- Tutorial Notebooks
Other things? A gallery or link to gallery? Maybe a section with a few very high level signposts e.g. “If you to accomplish X, then…” for some common scenarios.
I guess the main thing is to keep this page very short and simple and to the point.
I’d like help with:
- nailing down the right content
- choosing the best/simplest to maintain static site generator
- finding/creating compelling examples or images to capture attention
- visual design and layout, frameworks, theme, etc
- making sure it is responsive/works well on mobile
In a nutshell: help actually implementing this. My web-design skills are bad. Really, really bad. The Bokeh project deserves better than I can produce.