Hello everyone, I would like to know how to put its respective label in each country

I have the following code, and the following map with the dummy variable (developed country = 1 and developing country = 0), I would like to plot this label 0 and 1 on the respective countries. How can I do it?

CODE:

from bokeh.io import output_notebook, show, output_file
from bokeh.plotting import figure
from bokeh.models import GeoJSONDataSource, LinearColorMapper, ColorBar
from bokeh.palettes import brewer
import geopandas as gpd

#Input GeoJSON source that contains features for plotting.
geosource = GeoJSONDataSource(geojson = json_data)

#Define a sequential multi-hue color palette.
palette = brewer['YlGnBu'][8]

#Reverse color order so that dark blue is highest Median_Rating.
palette = palette[::-1]

#Instantiate LinearColorMapper that linearly maps numbers in a range, into a sequence of colors.
color_mapper = LinearColorMapper(palette = palette, low = 0, high = 1)

#Define custom tick labels for color bar.
tick_labels = {'0': '0', '1': '1'}

#Create color bar. 
color_bar = ColorBar(color_mapper=color_mapper, label_standoff=8,width = 500, height = 20,
border_line_color=None,location = (0,0), orientation = 'horizontal', major_label_overrides = tick_labels)

#Create figure object.
p = figure(title = 'Developed and Developing countries', plot_height = 600 , plot_width = 950, toolbar_location = None)
p.xgrid.grid_line_color = None
p.ygrid.grid_line_color = None

#Add patch renderer to figure. 
p.patches('xs','ys', source = geosource,fill_color = {'field' :'IMF', 'transform' : color_mapper},
          line_color = 'black', line_width = 0.90, fill_alpha = 1)

#remove the axis 
p.axis.visible = False

#Specify figure layout.
p.add_layout(color_bar, 'below')

#Display figure inline in Jupyter Notebook.
output_notebook()

#Display figure.
show(p)

PLOT (MAP)

Hi @Warlock0093 if you must cross-post questions in different forums (e.g. StackOverflow), we appreciate if you add cross-links everywhere, so that future users can always get to an answer, regardless of where they find find the question. (To be completely clear: I am asking you to add such links to this post and your SO post.)

You can use LabelSet, which is documented here:

Adding annotations — Bokeh 2.4.2 Documentation

You will need to provide the locations for the labels. A common choice would be to compute the centroid for each country polygon. Alternatively, “nice coordinates” for country labels might be available pre-computed online somewhere.

First of all, thank you so much for the advice. I am new and happy to receive this help.

Thanks for your reply, I’ll do as you suggested. Anyway I am attaching the map as I would like it to come out on each nation. @Bryan

1 Like