How to best HeatMap with periodic callbacks

Hi. I want to update HeatMap objects with periodic callbacks and I’m wondering what the most efficient way to do this is. I’m familiar with how to dynamically update Figures with periodic callbacks by just updating the data_source with the new data, but don’t know how I can do the same thing with a HeatMap. Anyone have any advice or can point me to some helpful documentation?

Thanks!

Hi,

Chart do not support dynamic data updates at the moment but a possible workaround is to recreate the entire chart. So if, for instance, you have something like:

layout = HBox(children=[Bar(…), Heatmap(…)])

``

you can have a callback that replaces the right child:

layout.children[1]=Heatmap(…)

``

hope this helps.

An additional information is that dynamics updates on charts is part of our roadmap and there is current work being done already to make this happen. So hopefully there will be a better way of doing this in the near future.

Fabio

···

On Saturday, March 5, 2016 at 4:13:58 PM UTC-6, Ricky Galliani wrote:

Hi. I want to update HeatMap objects with periodic callbacks and I’m wondering what the most efficient way to do this is. I’m familiar with how to dynamically update Figures with periodic callbacks by just updating the data_source with the new data, but don’t know how I can do the same thing with a HeatMap. Anyone have any advice or can point me to some helpful documentation?

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply, Fabio. I ended up just creating a heatmap by creating a Figure with a bunch of quad objects in a grid format. I then stored the quad objects in a dictionary and then I update the color of the cells in the heatmap (Figure with embedded quad objects) by just switching the quad object at the correct location with a new one with the color I want. This seemed to work really well for me but I look forward to when dynamic data updates will be available with charts.

-Ricky G

···

On Saturday, March 5, 2016 at 8:46:08 PM UTC-8, Fabio Pliger wrote:

Hi,

Chart do not support dynamic data updates at the moment but a possible workaround is to recreate the entire chart. So if, for instance, you have something like:

layout = HBox(children=[Bar(…), Heatmap(…)])

``

you can have a callback that replaces the right child:

layout.children[1]=Heatmap(…)

``

hope this helps.

An additional information is that dynamics updates on charts is part of our roadmap and there is current work being done already to make this happen. So hopefully there will be a better way of doing this in the near future.

Fabio

On Saturday, March 5, 2016 at 4:13:58 PM UTC-6, Ricky Galliani wrote:

Thanks!