How to change .nc to .table format to use it as input to subsample it as shown in the link

I am trying to subsample .nc file so that I could get something like this shown in the video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-P3yA-P-sY , I foudn this link - https://gist.github.com/bryevdv/c794c8b2d376b3d2cb7d which takes in input a file in .table format and subsample it into latitude and longitude so that we could access it. But I have the weather data file in .nc format how to subsample it.

Please help.

Thank you

Hi Kavit,

    This is            n't

really a bokeh question, which may be why you haven’t gotten a response yet.

                Maybe a question on stackoverflow with a netcdf tag (.nc is netcfd right?)

                              Sorry to not                                         be more

help.

                                    Sincerely,

                                      S                                              arah

Bird

···

On 2/29/16 8:07 AM, Kavit Mehta wrote:

    I am trying to subsample .nc file so that I could

get something like this shown in the video - ,
I foudn this link - which
takes in input a file in .table format and subsample it into
latitude and longitude so that we could access it. But I have
the weather data file in .nc format how to subsample it.

  You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google

Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.

  To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,

send an email to [email protected].

  To post to this group, send email to [email protected]

  To view this discussion on the web visit [](https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/2e9128c6-71bc-4e90-b312-4bec5e6d9b66%40continuum.io?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer)      .

For more options, visit .


Sarah Bird
Developer, Bokeh

    [
      ![Continuum Analytics](http://docs.continuum.io/_static/img/ContinuumWordmark.png)
    ](http://continuum.io)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-P3yA-P-sYhttps://gist.github.com/bryevdv/c794c8b2d376b3d2cb7d

Please help.

Thank you

https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/2e9128c6-71bc-4e90-b312-4bec5e6d9b66%40continuum.io
https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout

Hello Sarah Maam, Ya .nc file is netcfd file. I tried but not getting any help, I thought in the demo Bokeh team showed how to do it, so I thought in your case also you guys must have changed the .nc file to .table format and then plotted it. That’s why I needed your help. Basically I want to plot wave height, which I was able to do but in the video you can zoom in and zoom out based on the lat and long value changed. That is what I wanted to achieve something like this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-P3yA-P-sY
Thank you Maam,

-Kavit

···

On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 6:36 PM, Sarah Bird - Continuum [email protected] wrote:

Hi Kavit,

    This is            n't

really a bokeh question, which may be why you haven’t gotten a response yet.

                Maybe a question on stackoverflow with a netcdf tag (.nc is netcfd right?)



                              Sorry to not                                         be more

help.

                                    Sincerely,



                                      S                                              arah

Bird

On 2/29/16 8:07 AM, Kavit Mehta wrote:

    I am trying to subsample .nc file so that I could

get something like this shown in the video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-P3yA-P-sY ,
I foudn this link - https://gist.github.com/bryevdv/c794c8b2d376b3d2cb7d which
takes in input a file in .table format and subsample it into
latitude and longitude so that we could access it. But I have
the weather data file in .nc format how to subsample it.

Please help.

Thank you

  You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google

Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.

  To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,

send an email to [email protected].

  To post to this group, send email to [email protected]

  To view this discussion on the web visit [](https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/2e9128c6-71bc-4e90-b312-4bec5e6d9b66%40continuum.io?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer)[https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/2e9128c6-71bc-4e90-b312-4bec5e6d9b66%40continuum.io](https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/2e9128c6-71bc-4e90-b312-4bec5e6d9b66%40continuum.io).

  For more options, visit [https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout](https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout).


Sarah Bird
Developer, Bokeh

    [
      ![Continuum Analytics](http://docs.continuum.io/_static/img/ContinuumWordmark.png)
    ](http://continuum.io)

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

To post to this group, send email to [email protected].

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/56DA1C0F.9000802%40continuum.io.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.

Hi,

That video example does not use the server, but uses the AjaxDataSource to have the client ask a separate Flask server for some data. I would like to work up a newer better version of that, using the new Bokeh server, but unfortunately there are only so many hours in a day and I have not had the chance. But in case it is useful, you can find the code for that previous example in these gists:

  https://gist.github.com/bryevdv/873d88c9dc7a66af4057 (save as subsample.py)

  https://gist.github.com/bryevdv/c794c8b2d376b3d2cb7d (flask server to serve the data)

  https://gist.github.com/bryevdv/7a9564266b663a1cf06e (python script to create Bokeh plot)

Thanks,

Bryan

···

On Mar 4, 2016, at 10:33 PM, Kavit Mehta <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello Sarah Maam, Ya .nc file is netcfd file. I tried but not getting any help, I thought in the demo Bokeh team showed how to do it, so I thought in your case also you guys must have changed the .nc file to .table format and then plotted it. That's why I needed your help. Basically I want to plot wave height, which I was able to do but in the video you can zoom in and zoom out based on the lat and long value changed. That is what I wanted to achieve something like this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-P3yA-P-sY
Thank you Maam,
-Kavit

On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 6:36 PM, Sarah Bird - Continuum <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi Kavit,

This isn't really a bokeh question, which may be why you haven't gotten a response yet.

Maybe a question on stackoverflow with a netcdf tag (.nc is netcfd right?)

Sorry to not be more help.

Sincerely,

Sarah Bird

On 2/29/16 8:07 AM, Kavit Mehta wrote:

I am trying to subsample .nc file so that I could get something like this shown in the video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-P3yA-P-sY , I foudn this link - https://gist.github.com/bryevdv/c794c8b2d376b3d2cb7d which takes in input a file in .table format and subsample it into latitude and longitude so that we could access it. But I have the weather data file in .nc format how to subsample it.

Please help.

Thank you
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/2e9128c6-71bc-4e90-b312-4bec5e6d9b66%40continuum.io.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.

--
Sarah Bird
Developer, Bokeh

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/56DA1C0F.9000802%40continuum.io.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/CAL0RU5BdEdsMuBVJJKMMRgCmcM%2B0Jy7u0Q8nTyFYqkpauTDwEA%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.

Got it Sir, my doubt only remains now how you got this .table file - h5py.File(‘big4.table’)[‘big’] as input. Thank You for so much help if you could help me through this, I would be very thankful.

Thank You Bokeh Team,

-Kavit

···

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 10:38 AM, Bryan Van de Ven [email protected] wrote:

Hi,

That video example does not use the server, but uses the AjaxDataSource to have the client ask a separate Flask server for some data. I would like to work up a newer better version of that, using the new Bokeh server, but unfortunately there are only so many hours in a day and I have not had the chance. But in case it is useful, you can find the code for that previous example in these gists:

    [https://gist.github.com/bryevdv/873d88c9dc7a66af4057](https://gist.github.com/bryevdv/873d88c9dc7a66af4057) (save as subsample.py)



    [https://gist.github.com/bryevdv/c794c8b2d376b3d2cb7d](https://gist.github.com/bryevdv/c794c8b2d376b3d2cb7d) (flask server to serve the data)



    [https://gist.github.com/bryevdv/7a9564266b663a1cf06e](https://gist.github.com/bryevdv/7a9564266b663a1cf06e) (python script to create Bokeh plot)

Thanks,

Bryan

On Mar 4, 2016, at 10:33 PM, Kavit Mehta [email protected] wrote:

Hello Sarah Maam, Ya .nc file is netcfd file. I tried but not getting any help, I thought in the demo Bokeh team showed how to do it, so I thought in your case also you guys must have changed the .nc file to .table format and then plotted it. That’s why I needed your help. Basically I want to plot wave height, which I was able to do but in the video you can zoom in and zoom out based on the lat and long value changed. That is what I wanted to achieve something like this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-P3yA-P-sY

Thank you Maam,

-Kavit

On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 6:36 PM, Sarah Bird - Continuum [email protected] wrote:

Hi Kavit,

This isn’t really a bokeh question, which may be why you haven’t gotten a response yet.

Maybe a question on stackoverflow with a netcdf tag (.nc is netcfd right?)

Sorry to not be more help.

Sincerely,

Sarah Bird

On 2/29/16 8:07 AM, Kavit Mehta wrote:

I am trying to subsample .nc file so that I could get something like this shown in the video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-P3yA-P-sY , I foudn this link - https://gist.github.com/bryevdv/c794c8b2d376b3d2cb7d which takes in input a file in .table format and subsample it into latitude and longitude so that we could access it. But I have the weather data file in .nc format how to subsample it.

Please help.

Thank you

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

To post to this group, send email to [email protected].

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/2e9128c6-71bc-4e90-b312-4bec5e6d9b66%40continuum.io.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.

Sarah Bird

Developer, Bokeh

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

To post to this group, send email to [email protected].

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/56DA1C0F.9000802%40continuum.io.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

To post to this group, send email to [email protected].

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/CAL0RU5BdEdsMuBVJJKMMRgCmcM%2B0Jy7u0Q8nTyFYqkpauTDwEA%40mail.gmail.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

To post to this group, send email to [email protected].

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/9FECBF4F-BA5C-49FC-AC3D-7D834137F5D4%40continuum.io.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.

Hrm, good point. Unfortunately, it's a 4gb file so I'm not sure how I can easily distribute it. I'm also not proficient with pytables, or netcdf. If you give me some commands to run, I can try to at least get you the metadata or table format or whatever, and then perhaps you can create your own synthetic data set to play around with.

Alternatively, if you actually interested in this data set specifically, the original source data files came from here:

  ftp://ftp.cdc.noaa.gov/Datasets/noaa.oisst.v2.highres

which has a series of .nc files (one per day). Obviously they have been processed in some way to get "big4.table" unfortunately I will not be able to help much further with details about that, since the person who did all that, did it several years ago and is no longer around.

Bryan

···

On Mar 17, 2016, at 9:43 AM, Kavit Mehta <[email protected]> wrote:

Got it Sir, my doubt only remains now how you got this .table file - h5py.File('big4.table')['big'] as input. Thank You for so much help if you could help me through this, I would be very thankful.

Thank You Bokeh Team,
-Kavit

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 10:38 AM, Bryan Van de Ven <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi,

That video example does not use the server, but uses the AjaxDataSource to have the client ask a separate Flask server for some data. I would like to work up a newer better version of that, using the new Bokeh server, but unfortunately there are only so many hours in a day and I have not had the chance. But in case it is useful, you can find the code for that previous example in these gists:

        https://gist.github.com/bryevdv/873d88c9dc7a66af4057 (save as subsample.py)

        https://gist.github.com/bryevdv/c794c8b2d376b3d2cb7d (flask server to serve the data)

        https://gist.github.com/bryevdv/7a9564266b663a1cf06e (python script to create Bokeh plot)

Thanks,

Bryan

> On Mar 4, 2016, at 10:33 PM, Kavit Mehta <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Hello Sarah Maam, Ya .nc file is netcfd file. I tried but not getting any help, I thought in the demo Bokeh team showed how to do it, so I thought in your case also you guys must have changed the .nc file to .table format and then plotted it. That's why I needed your help. Basically I want to plot wave height, which I was able to do but in the video you can zoom in and zoom out based on the lat and long value changed. That is what I wanted to achieve something like this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-P3yA-P-sY
> Thank you Maam,
> -Kavit
>
> On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 6:36 PM, Sarah Bird - Continuum <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Kavit,
>
> This isn't really a bokeh question, which may be why you haven't gotten a response yet.
>
> Maybe a question on stackoverflow with a netcdf tag (.nc is netcfd right?)
>
> Sorry to not be more help.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Sarah Bird
>
> On 2/29/16 8:07 AM, Kavit Mehta wrote:
>> I am trying to subsample .nc file so that I could get something like this shown in the video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-P3yA-P-sY , I foudn this link - https://gist.github.com/bryevdv/c794c8b2d376b3d2cb7d which takes in input a file in .table format and subsample it into latitude and longitude so that we could access it. But I have the weather data file in .nc format how to subsample it.
>>
>> Please help.
>>
>> Thank you
>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/2e9128c6-71bc-4e90-b312-4bec5e6d9b66%40continuum.io.
>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.
>
> --
> Sarah Bird
> Developer, Bokeh
>
>
>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/56DA1C0F.9000802%40continuum.io.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.
>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/CAL0RU5BdEdsMuBVJJKMMRgCmcM%2B0Jy7u0Q8nTyFYqkpauTDwEA%40mail.gmail.com.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/9FECBF4F-BA5C-49FC-AC3D-7D834137F5D4%40continuum.io.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/CAL0RU5CqHKFjKZmh7G2dsqxhj%2B_WXhmF0goxvhAjWbCpJAvXbQ%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.

Got your point Sir, I will consult my friends who are also working on this project and will get back to you.

Thank You Sir,

-Kavit

···

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 10:59 AM, Bryan Van de Ven [email protected] wrote:

Hrm, good point. Unfortunately, it’s a 4gb file so I’m not sure how I can easily distribute it. I’m also not proficient with pytables, or netcdf. If you give me some commands to run, I can try to at least get you the metadata or table format or whatever, and then perhaps you can create your own synthetic data set to play around with.

Alternatively, if you actually interested in this data set specifically, the original source data files came from here:

    ftp://ftp.cdc.noaa.gov/Datasets/noaa.oisst.v2.highres

which has a series of .nc files (one per day). Obviously they have been processed in some way to get “big4.table” unfortunately I will not be able to help much further with details about that, since the person who did all that, did it several years ago and is no longer around.

Bryan

On Mar 17, 2016, at 9:43 AM, Kavit Mehta [email protected] wrote:

Got it Sir, my doubt only remains now how you got this .table file - h5py.File(‘big4.table’)[‘big’] as input. Thank You for so much help if you could help me through this, I would be very thankful.

Thank You Bokeh Team,

-Kavit

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 10:38 AM, Bryan Van de Ven [email protected] wrote:

Hi,

That video example does not use the server, but uses the AjaxDataSource to have the client ask a separate Flask server for some data. I would like to work up a newer better version of that, using the new Bokeh server, but unfortunately there are only so many hours in a day and I have not had the chance. But in case it is useful, you can find the code for that previous example in these gists:

    [https://gist.github.com/bryevdv/873d88c9dc7a66af4057](https://gist.github.com/bryevdv/873d88c9dc7a66af4057) (save as subsample.py)
    [https://gist.github.com/bryevdv/c794c8b2d376b3d2cb7d](https://gist.github.com/bryevdv/c794c8b2d376b3d2cb7d) (flask server to serve the data)
    [https://gist.github.com/bryevdv/7a9564266b663a1cf06e](https://gist.github.com/bryevdv/7a9564266b663a1cf06e) (python script to create Bokeh plot)

Thanks,

Bryan

On Mar 4, 2016, at 10:33 PM, Kavit Mehta [email protected] wrote:

Hello Sarah Maam, Ya .nc file is netcfd file. I tried but not getting any help, I thought in the demo Bokeh team showed how to do it, so I thought in your case also you guys must have changed the .nc file to .table format and then plotted it. That’s why I needed your help. Basically I want to plot wave height, which I was able to do but in the video you can zoom in and zoom out based on the lat and long value changed. That is what I wanted to achieve something like this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-P3yA-P-sY

Thank you Maam,

-Kavit

On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 6:36 PM, Sarah Bird - Continuum [email protected] wrote:

Hi Kavit,

This isn’t really a bokeh question, which may be why you haven’t gotten a response yet.

Maybe a question on stackoverflow with a netcdf tag (.nc is netcfd right?)

Sorry to not be more help.

Sincerely,

Sarah Bird

On 2/29/16 8:07 AM, Kavit Mehta wrote:

I am trying to subsample .nc file so that I could get something like this shown in the video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-P3yA-P-sY , I foudn this link - https://gist.github.com/bryevdv/c794c8b2d376b3d2cb7d which takes in input a file in .table format and subsample it into latitude and longitude so that we could access it. But I have the weather data file in .nc format how to subsample it.

Please help.

Thank you

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

To post to this group, send email to [email protected].

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/2e9128c6-71bc-4e90-b312-4bec5e6d9b66%40continuum.io.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.

Sarah Bird

Developer, Bokeh

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

To post to this group, send email to [email protected].

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/56DA1C0F.9000802%40continuum.io.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

To post to this group, send email to [email protected].

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/CAL0RU5BdEdsMuBVJJKMMRgCmcM%2B0Jy7u0Q8nTyFYqkpauTDwEA%40mail.gmail.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

To post to this group, send email to [email protected].

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/9FECBF4F-BA5C-49FC-AC3D-7D834137F5D4%40continuum.io.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

To post to this group, send email to [email protected].

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/CAL0RU5CqHKFjKZmh7G2dsqxhj%2B_WXhmF0goxvhAjWbCpJAvXbQ%40mail.gmail.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

To post to this group, send email to [email protected].

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/68E162DA-A9B3-41FC-8D0E-8A7E446E251E%40continuum.io.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.