How to control tick-labels on multi-level FactorRange

I’ve got a three-level bokeh.models.FactorRange which I use to draw tick labels on a vbar-plot. The problem is that there are dozens of factors in total and the lowest-level labels get very cramped; I need to control the way the tick-labels are rendered.

I can use plot.xaxis.formatter = bokeh.models.PrintfTickFormatter(format='') to suppress drawing of the lowest-level labels, but this seems like an ugly hack. Also, I need to have the second-level tick labels to be rotated, yet plot.xaxis.major_label_orientation = ... only ever affects the lowest-level ticks (just like plot.xaxis.formatter does).

How to control the rendering of tick-labels on each level of bokeh.models.FactorRange individually?

I’ve already asked this question on SA, it’s bounty ending in a few days.

I replied on SO, the TLDR is that would be a new feature to request, but a custom extension might be an option.

Bryan

···

On Jan 17, 2018, at 06:32, [email protected] wrote:

I've got a three-level bokeh.models.FactorRange which I use to draw tick labels on a vbar-plot. The problem is that there are dozens of factors in total and the lowest-level labels get very cramped; I need to control the way the tick-labels are rendered.

I can use plot.xaxis.formatter = bokeh.models.PrintfTickFormatter(format='') to suppress drawing of the lowest-level labels, but this seems like an ugly hack. Also, I need to have the second-level tick labels to be rotated, yet plot.xaxis.major_label_orientation = ... only ever affects the lowest-level ticks (just like plot.xaxis.formatter does).

How to control the rendering of tick-labels on each level of bokeh.models.FactorRange individually?

I've already asked this question on SA, it's bounty ending in a few days.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/e6a4ca4d-bfa3-478d-ab6d-63e5012a2da1%40continuum.io\.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout\.