How to create "three sliders" on a single line

Hi,

I would like to recreate a charting behavior happening from here: Date Boris Johnson Leaves UK PM Office | Metaculus

I think I will use some server-side updatesto compute the probability distribution (line with a shaded area) based on the position of sliders. But the blocker I have is that I am not sure how to render those “3 sliders” (circles change the shape, while square moves the center) while being able to listen on their events.

is the way to somehow implement it via my own Slider component? Could someone give me a hint how to do it, please?

Hmm while range slider (i.e. two slider notches) and slider (i.e. one slider notch) are base “out of the box” bokeh models, a three notch slider is not, meaning I think you’ll have to cook up your own custom model.

Fortunately there’s a pretty good example here to get a good start…
Adding a custom widget — Bokeh 2.4.2 Documentation

If you do get this implemented I’d really appreciate an MRE using it → This would be a handy tool for me too most likely :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! That looks beyond my current capabilities, but I will consider it! If I manage, I will report back here.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.