How to fire an ResetTool event to change a CDSView filter in a Table

Hi, being new I am finding this pretty impossible to figure out. I am creating a standalone html page with a map of point data and a table of the same data.

I would like to have the table reset to show all values when I click on the Reset Tool for the map.

I have created a CDSView and filter which works when called. I presume that updating the filter will update the rows displayed in the Table.

I have been unable to add a callback to the ResetTool that works. I would like to update the filters to show all the points in the reset map view.

From the documentation I have read I think I would have to create a javascript callback of some sort but nothing that I try alters the table contents.

Much appreciated if someone has an example of this they could post, otherwise step by step instructions so I at least know I am going down the right path.

I would also like a similar behaviour when I select a number of points in the map. i.e. to only display the selected rows in the table and “remove” the unselected from the table.

I should be able to figure that out if I could get a working solution to the reset event problem.

Thanks,

Ian

Hi,

The most valuable thing you can do when asking for assistance is to provide explicit details about what you have tried (i.e. real code examples). It's possible there is a bug, or it's possible there is a usage error. With real code to examine it's often possible to determine that quickly one way or there other.

Thanks,

Bryan

···

On Jan 7, 2018, at 00:44, 'Ian' via Bokeh Discussion - Public <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi, being new I am finding this pretty impossible to figure out. I am creating a standalone html page with a map of point data and a table of the same data.

I would like to have the table reset to show all values when I click on the Reset Tool for the map.
I have created a CDSView and filter which works when called. I presume that updating the filter will update the rows displayed in the Table.

I have been unable to add a callback to the ResetTool that works. I would like to update the filters to show all the points in the reset map view.

From the documentation I have read I think I would have to create a javascript callback of some sort but nothing that I try alters the table contents.

Much appreciated if someone has an example of this they could post, otherwise step by step instructions so I at least know I am going down the right path.

I would also like a similar behaviour when I select a number of points in the map. i.e. to only display the selected rows in the table and "remove" the unselected from the table.
I should be able to figure that out if I could get a working solution to the reset event problem.

Thanks,

Ian

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/1d0d26fd-e834-4c46-93bd-21de8b40948e%40continuum.io\.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout\.

Hi Again, I have created an example which doesn’t quite work. The call back is being now being called. So some progress. I don’t know how to change the CDSView Filter list.
Is impossibly to pass in another argument to the callback?

At the moment I set it to [] which seems to zoom the map to a single point but does not update the table view.

Any advice would be appreciated

Ian

from arcgis import geometry

from bokeh.io import output_file, show

from bokeh.models import ColumnDataSource, Range1d, CDSView, IndexFilter, CustomJS, Div

from bokeh.plotting import figure

from bokeh.models import BoxZoomTool, ResetTool, PanTool, WheelZoomTool, BoxSelectTool, TapTool, HoverTool, WheelPanTool

from bokeh.models import WMTSTileSource

from bokeh.layouts import layout, column, row, Spacer, gridplot

from bokeh.models.glyphs import ImageURL

import pandas as pd

from bokeh.models.widgets import DataTable, TableColumn

import json

from bokeh import events

#create the data sructure for most all of the applications

table_data = {‘x’: [1,2,3,4,5,6], ‘y’: [1,2,3,4,5,6]}

#table of data

plot_table = figure(title=‘Tabular Representation’)

df = pd.DataFrame(table_data)

table_source_data = ColumnDataSource(df)

plot_table_columns = [

TableColumn(field=“x”, title=“X”),

TableColumn(field=“y”, title=“Y”)

]

#test filter

table_filter = [IndexFilter([0, 2, 4])]

table_filter2 = [IndexFilter([1, 2, 3, 4, 5])]

#table_filter =

table_view = CDSView(source=table_source_data, filters=table_filter)

table_view2 = CDSView(source=table_source_data, filters=table_filter2)

#plot_table = DataTable(source=table_source_data, columns=plot_table_columns, width=1000, height=500)

#plot_table = DataTable(source=table_source_data, columns=plot_table_columns, width=1000, height=500, view = table_view)

plot_table = DataTable(source=table_source_data, columns=plot_table_columns, width=1000, height=500, view = table_view)

#Callback for Reset Tool

mapResetCallback= CustomJS(args=dict(source=table_source_data), code=“”"

var data = source.data;

data.view = []

console.log(source.data)

source.change.emit()

“”")

#Callback for Reset Tool

resetTool = ResetTool()

resetTool.js_on_change(‘do’, mapResetCallback)

#plot_map.callback = CustomJS(args=dict(source=source, code=mapResetCallback))

map with plotted points

plot_map = figure(plot_width=700, plot_height=700,title=‘Map’)

plot_map_tools = [BoxZoomTool(), resetTool, PanTool(), WheelZoomTool(), BoxSelectTool(), TapTool(), HoverTool()]

plot_map.tools = plot_map_tools

plot_map.circle(x=‘x’, y=‘y’, alpha=0.9, size=20, color=‘red’,source=table_source_data,selection_color=‘yellow’,nonselection_fill_alpha=0.8, nonselection_fill_color=“white”,nonselection_line_color=“red”,nonselection_line_alpha=1.0)

plot_map.xaxis.visible = False

plot_map.yaxis.visible = False

#create tile source from templated url

tile_options = {}

tile_options[‘url’] = ‘https://server.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/World_Imagery/MapServer/tile/{Z}/{Y}/{X}.jpg

#tile_options[‘url’] = ‘https://server.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/World_Topo_Map/MapServer/tile/{Z}/{Y}/{X}.jpg

tile_source = WMTSTileSource(**tile_options)

tile_renderer_options = {}

plot_map.add_tile(tile_source, **tile_renderer_options)

lay = layout(plot_map, plot_table, sizing_mode=‘fixed’)

#lay = layout(row(column(plot_image),plot_map), plot_table, sizing_mode=‘fixed’)

output_file(“41Tester.html”, mode=‘inline’)

show(lay)

#show(row(plot_image))

···

On Sunday, 7 January 2018 16:44:31 UTC+10, Ian wrote:

I would also like a similar behaviour when I select a number of points in the map. i.e. to only display the selected rows in the table and “remove” the unselected from the table.

Thanks,

Ian