How to manually set window ranges with mercator GPS plot?

Hi, I wonder if theres a good solution for changing the y_range and x_range of a gps plot.

If I set the x- and y_ranges based on an area I want to show (eg. an area containing all my points in a dataset), there is a wrong spect ratio, which of course makes sense, due to the mercator projection.
If I zoom in and the next higher “zoom-level tile” is loaded, the aspect ration “snaps” to the correct one.
However, I want to have an optimal view right at the beginning, since in some cases, I wont touch the plots, but save them as a file directly.

fig_map = figure(x_range=(-2000000, 6000000), y_range=(-1000000, 7000000),
                x_axis_type="mercator", y_axis_type="mercator")
tile_provider = get_provider(CARTODBPOSITRON_RETINA)
fig_map.add_tile(tile_provider)
show(fig_map)

# somewhere later: This causes a wrong stretching of the map until I manually zoom in.
fig_map.y_range.start = df['Latitude'].min()
fig_map.y_range.end = df['Latitude'].max()
fig_map.x_range.start = df['Longitude'].min()
fig_map.x_range.end = df['Longitude'].max()

Is there a way to somehow pad the axis range to the correct map aspect ratio (which to my understanding should be dependent on the current Latitude value range of the plot)?
Thanks.

match_aspect = True is what you’re looking for I think.

See Keep a fixed aspect ratio when zooming with box tool - #2 by Bryan for some decent discussion :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.