How to use app server to maintain a single synced document across multiple sessions

I’ve read the documentation for Running a Bokeh Server a couple times and searched the forums and I wasn’t able to find a clean/clear answer for what I’m trying to do. I’m just using the first block of code in the docs for Running a Bokeh Server as my example (that is my running code).

I’d like to run my app using bokeh serve my_app where “my_app” is the directory with my files. I’d like for multiple sessions to all be synced to the same document.

Once all the sessions are synced to the same document I would like to be able to then manually update the document without clients having to restart. My preference would be to be able to do this interactively from IPython in a terminal console (not from a notebook). I played around with bokeh.client for this but I think the documents not being synced was preventing me from making changes which could be seen from all sessions.

Thank you in advance for any guidance.

Hi,

There aren't many cases when I would suggest bokeh.client, but his would seem to be one of the few. In that case, there is a separate python process that creates a document an pushes a session for it to a Bokeh server. Then browsers can connect to this session (with an explicit session URL). There ere some examples of using bokeh.client in this way here:

https://github.com/bokeh/bokeh/tree/master/examples/plotting/server

Can you described exactly what you tried with bokeh.client, in more detail?

Thanks,

Bryan

···

On May 16, 2017, at 15:55, john lunzer <[email protected]> wrote:

I've read the documentation for Running a Bokeh Server a couple times and searched the forums and I wasn't able to find a clean/clear answer for what I'm trying to do. I'm just using the first block of code in the docs for Running a Bokeh Server as my example (that is my running code).

I'd like to run my app using bokeh serve my_app where "my_app" is the directory with my files. I'd like for multiple sessions to all be synced to the same document.

Once all the sessions are synced to the same document I would like to be able to then manually update the document without clients having to restart. My preference would be to be able to do this interactively from IPython in a terminal console (not from a notebook). I played around with bokeh.client for this but I think the documents not being synced was preventing me from making changes which could be seen from all sessions.

Thank you in advance for any guidance.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/ed08930e-a53e-4e59-92ac-4ef3e415e500%40continuum.io\.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout\.