Import bokeh figures in presentations and keep the interactions

Hello everyone,

The problem is the following: I have made some nice interactive figures using bokeh (without callbacks) and I would like to import these figures to my presentation. For my presentation I intend to use Google Slides, but I may also use MS Powerpoint. Instead of going through the different tabs of my browser, to show the figures I would really like to have them in my presentation and keep the interactions. Is that possible?

Thanks in advance,

Lefteris

Hi,

If you can host the Bokeh plots at an external HTTPS URL, then it seems like this might be an option:

Add a live web page to a slide - Microsoft Support

Otherwise, interactivity is dependent on HTML Canvas and JavaScript code running. So embedding directly (i.e. not via a remote URL as above) depends on those things. If there is a way to embed HTML documents in Powerpoint that will also allow those things, then this would be conceivably possibly. However, according to comments on this answer:

Editable HTML, CSS and Javascript within Powerpoint Presentation? - Stack Overflow

It seems this may not be possible, in which case directly embedding real interactive Bokeh plots is not possible. But other information is conflicting and perhaps that's out of date. Sorry I don't have a more definitive answer.

If anyone knows for certain, or has found a way, hopefully they will share that information here.

Thanks,

Bryan

ยทยทยท

On Feb 27, 2018, at 05:57, Lefteris Koulierakis <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello everyone,

The problem is the following: I have made some nice interactive figures using bokeh (without callbacks) and I would like to import these figures to my presentation. For my presentation I intend to use Google Slides, but I may also use MS Powerpoint. Instead of going through the different tabs of my browser, to show the figures I would really like to have them in my presentation and keep the interactions. Is that possible?

Thanks in advance,
Lefteris

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/746e5e0d-0841-47f2-80ea-74e0d3a410f5%40continuum.io\.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout\.