ImportError: cannot import name 'general'

Hi everyone,

I’ve just updated bokeh and holoviews with

conda install -c ioam holoviews bokeh

and now I’ve problems importing show, output_notebook and output_file from bokeh.io.

The error it gives me is as follows:

ImportError Traceback (most recent call last)
in ()
25 import bokeh as bkh
26 import bokeh.models as bkhm
—> 27 from bokeh.io import output_file
28 from bokeh.io import output_notebook
29 from bokeh.io import show
~\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\bokeh\io_init_.py in ()
18 log = logging.getLogger(name)
—> 20 from bokeh.util.api import general, dev ; general, dev
22 #-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

ImportError: cannot import name ‘general’

I’ve also tried to downgrade from 0.12.15 to 0.12.14 but it doesnt solve the issue.

Can someone help me?

Hi,

Your install is corrupted somehow. I would suggest blowing away everything bokeh related in site packages and reinstalling. Or better, create a new fresh conda environment or virtualenv. Also check to make sure that you are aren’t running the notebook from a different environment than the one you are updating bokeh in.

Thanks,

Bryan

···

On Apr 13, 2018, at 11:58, [email protected] wrote:

Hi everyone,

I’ve just updated bokeh and holoviews with

conda install -c ioam holoviews bokeh

and now I’ve problems importing show, output_notebook and output_file from bokeh.io.

The error it gives me is as follows:

ImportError Traceback (most recent call last)
in ()
25 import bokeh as bkh
26 import bokeh.models as bkhm
—> 27 from bokeh.io import output_file
28 from bokeh.io import output_notebook
29 from bokeh.io import show
~\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\bokeh\io_init_.py in ()
18 log = logging.getLogger(name)
—> 20 from bokeh.util.api import general, dev ; general, dev
22 #-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

ImportError: cannot import name ‘general’

I’ve also tried to downgrade from 0.12.15 to 0.12.14 but it doesnt solve the issue.

Can someone help me?

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

To post to this group, send email to [email protected].

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/07b35282-0e12-414a-a14c-36c5f216a6f2%40continuum.io.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.

Thank you for your answer Bryan! The last sentence made me think about re-trying after having restarted the kernel of my Jupyter Notebook and indeed now everything runs smoothly. Thank you!

···

On Saturday, 14 April 2018 13:53:39 UTC+2, Bryan Van de ven wrote:

Hi,

Your install is corrupted somehow. I would suggest blowing away everything bokeh related in site packages and reinstalling. Or better, create a new fresh conda environment or virtualenv. Also check to make sure that you are aren’t running the notebook from a different environment than the one you are updating bokeh in.

Thanks,

Bryan