Interactive calculations

Hello,
I’m currently producing an html page that plots some time-series data. I have added a DateRangeSlider and a CustomJS callback that allows a user to sub-set the data. I would like to perform some calculations on this subset then update the plots with the results. If I want this to remain a standalone html page is my only option to perform the calculations in the JavaCript code of the CustomJS callback?
Thanks,
rob

Yes, that’s exactly right.

You can include your own external JavaScript code by specifying it in the postamble template block like I demonstrated it here.
So if you name your file callbacks.js and put it in static/js folder you can include it in the template like this (assuming you generate the HTML file from Python):
"""<script>""" + open(os.path.join(os.path.dirname(__file__), "static", "js", "callbacks.js")).read() + """</script>"""

Then if you write there in callbacks.js a function called data_range_slider_callback(slider) you could call it in the Bokeh JS callback like this:

range_slider.js_on_change('value', CustomJS(code='data_range_slider_callback(cb_obj)'))

Also anywhere in your external JS code if you need any Bokeh model you can get it using:
Bokeh.documents[0].get_model_by_name('model_name') provided that you gave a name to your Bokeh widget or glyph like:
button = Button(label='Update', name = 'update_button')

The above assumes you have only one Bokeh document in your app.

Thanks for the suggestion but I think I’d be out of my depth trying this in JS. I guess I’ll have to make do with launching a bokeh server if I can figure out how to get my callbacks working.