Interactive Legends

I noticed that most other JS plotting libraries have interactive legends, something that Bokeh lacks. Some features I find common are hovering in the legend highlights the respective line in the plot and double clicking the legend to hide/show the respective line. I find myself really wishing for these features when I am explaining plots to my partially color blind manager. I would like to recommend adding this idea to the roadmap. Would others find this feature useful as well? Having off-the-plot legends would be nice also but I understand that is already being considered.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. Can you please open an issue on GitHub related to this so we can track it, have the proper discussions and figure out if/how to include it in the roadmap?

Thank you!

Fabio

···

On Wednesday, April 29, 2015 at 4:47:09 PM UTC+2, BKief wrote:

I noticed that most other JS plotting libraries have interactive legends, something that Bokeh lacks. Some features I find common are hovering in the legend highlights the respective line in the plot and double clicking the legend to hide/show the respective line. I find myself really wishing for these features when I am explaining plots to my partially color blind manager. I would like to recommend adding this idea to the roadmap. Would others find this feature useful as well? Having off-the-plot legends would be nice also but I understand that is already being considered.

I totally agree. Creating plots with bokeh close to highcharts, amcharts etc. would be really really awesome.

···

Am Mittwoch, 29. April 2015 16:47:09 UTC+2 schrieb BKief: