Modifying Hover Tool Tip based on Tap selection

Is it currently possible to modify a hover tool tip based on tap selection? I’ve attempted to do a google search to find examples but have had no luck.

Here is what I’m trying to do:

• Suppose I have data on my “friends social network” and wanted to compare my friends to myself.

• Each glyph represents a friend.

• When no glyph is selected, I would like hover to display general descriptive information about said glyph/friend

ex: age, gender, zipcode, etc.

• When a specific glyph is selected, I would like hover to display different information about that specific glyph
···

ex: # of friends selected glyph has in common with me [assuming I had this information in my data source]

ex: # of friends selected gyph’s shares with all other selected glyphs (i.e. “selected glyph shares 3 friends with all other selected glyphs”) [again, assuming my data source contains this information]

I have a similar situation. I want to show more detailed information about a glyph selected by Taptool while keep the tooltip less detailed using Hovertool. Current solution could be add an text box or something similar which got updated when Taptool selected some glyph. I don’t know whether the tooltip of Hovertool can be used with Taptool.

···

On Friday, November 20, 2015 at 10:11:01 AM UTC-8, Ashley Pitlyk wrote:

Is it currently possible to modify a hover tool tip based on tap selection? I’ve attempted to do a google search to find examples but have had no luck.

Here is what I’m trying to do:

• Suppose I have data on my “friends social network” and wanted to compare my friends to myself.
  • Each glyph represents a friend.
  • When no glyph is selected, I would like hover to display general descriptive information about said glyph/friend

ex: age, gender, zipcode, etc.

• When a specific glyph is selected, I would like hover to display different information about that specific glyph

ex: # of friends selected glyph has in common with me [assuming I had this information in my data source]

ex: # of friends selected gyph’s shares with all other selected glyphs (i.e. “selected glyph shares 3 friends with all other selected glyphs”) [again, assuming my data source contains this information]

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll try the text box and see what happens!