ms / ns %f not supported in bokeh hover tool datetime formatter?

I am using the formatter option of hover tools to display a datetime object in a formatted string.

This prevents me from having to have both the raw date time object for the X axis and a human readable formatted string for hover tool in my column data source, and makes a huge difference to my final file size.

from ~40 Meg to ~13 Meg

However, I need ms accuracy in the final output, I can deal with ns and worry about shedding significant digits later, however it does not appear as if the %f is supported in the bokeh datetime formatter.

Am I missing something obvious? I cannot find any discussion on the subject through normal searchs

I have tried the latest 1.0.1 as well as the 0.12.x I was originally working on.

hover_odom = HoverTool(tooltips=[('ts :', '@ts{%Y %b %d %H:%M:%S.%f}'),
                                 ('x,y :', '$x,$y')],
                       formatters={'ts': 'datetime'})

Gives

2018 Nov 14 18:35:27.%f

I would expect

2018 Nov 14 18:35:27.123456

moments after posting I find

···

On Tuesday, November 13, 2018 at 1:58:44 PM UTC-5, Anthony Tod wrote:

I am using the formatter option of hover tools to display a datetime object in a formatted string.

This prevents me from having to have both the raw date time object for the X axis and a human readable formatted string for hover tool in my column data source, and makes a huge difference to my final file size.

from ~40 Meg to ~13 Meg

However, I need ms accuracy in the final output, I can deal with ns and worry about shedding significant digits later, however it does not appear as if the %f is supported in the bokeh datetime formatter.

Am I missing something obvious? I cannot find any discussion on the subject through normal searchs

I have tried the latest 1.0.1 as well as the 0.12.x I was originally working on.

Gives

I would expect

%3N
Works great, will leave this here for others that follow in my wayward footsteps
···

On Tuesday, November 13, 2018 at 2:00:59 PM UTC-5, Anthony Tod wrote:

https://bokeh.pydata.org/en/latest/docs/reference/models/formatters.html#bokeh.models.formatters.DatetimeTickFormatter

from ~40 Meg to ~13 Meg

Gives

I would expect

Thanks for posting the solution.

···

On Tuesday, November 13, 2018 at 1:07:54 PM UTC-6, Anthony Tod wrote:

%3N
Works great, will leave this here for others that follow in my wayward footsteps

On Tuesday, November 13, 2018 at 2:00:59 PM UTC-5, Anthony Tod wrote:

https://bokeh.pydata.org/en/latest/docs/reference/models/formatters.html#bokeh.models.formatters.DatetimeTickFormatter

from ~40 Meg to ~13 Meg

Gives

I would expect