must color arrays always be strings?

Is there a way to map an existing row in a numpy array with 3 RGB chars or do I have to convert it to a “#hex-triple” color string first?

I have to do this, for example:

colors = [’#{0:0>2x}{0:0>2x}{0:0>2x}’.format(int(i)) for i in np.nditer(data)]

when, I’d rather just do:

colors = np.concatenate([data, data, data], axis=1)

(or some bit packing magic if it just wants a 32-bit int)

I’ve tried the latter, but it doesn’t seem to do anything, and I haven’t dug into the code yet. All code examples show the stringified version.

Hi Jon,

Sorry for the late answer.

We actually support colors in “named colors”, hex values, rgb 3-tuples and 4-tuples.

Can you provide a complete example so we can actually see where is the problem?

I guess it is probably something easy to fix regarding as how you are passing the tuple list/array.

Damian

···

On Tuesday, December 2, 2014 1:20:23 PM UTC-3, Jon Woodring wrote:

Is there a way to map an existing row in a numpy array with 3 RGB chars or do I have to convert it to a “#hex-triple” color string first?

colors = [‘#{0:0>2x}{0:0>2x}{0:0>2x}’.format(int(i)) for i in np.nditer(data)]

I’ve tried the latter, but it doesn’t seem to do anything, and I haven’t dug into the code yet. All code examples show the stringified version.

I also had a similar issue. I tried passing rgb tuple values, and always end up with a grey line.
For example

color = tuple([255,0,255])

Based upon this chart it should be bright pink. I’ve used these same values with matplotlib and didn’t seem to run into any issues. Is there a particular syntax to be used?

Thanks

···

On Friday, December 12, 2014 at 12:20:34 PM UTC-8, Damian Avila wrote:

Hi Jon,

Sorry for the late answer.

We actually support colors in “named colors”, hex values, rgb 3-tuples and 4-tuples.

Can you provide a complete example so we can actually see where is the problem?

I guess it is probably something easy to fix regarding as how you are passing the tuple list/array.

Damian

On Tuesday, December 2, 2014 1:20:23 PM UTC-3, Jon Woodring wrote:

colors = [‘#{0:0>2x}{0:0>2x}{0:0>2x}’.format(int(i)) for i in np.nditer(data)]