Password login. How to?

Hello,

I was wondering what would be a simple way to do a password login for a bokeh app.

I found this reference here :

Which uses another application.

On the other hand I could use the html parameters:

The idea would be to have the first page of the app to be the login screen. Then, after login a token is generated and passed as a html parameter that is checked on each session creation, if it is valid it displays a particular page.

Does it sound a good idea?

Is there any other possibibility that does not need another application? I could not find many examples using Bokeh secret.

Thank you

This correspondence (including any attachments) is for the intended recipient(s) only. It may contain confidential or privileged information or both. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mis-transmission. If you receive this correspondence by mistake, please contact the sender immediately, delete this correspondence (and all attachments) and destroy any hard copies. You must not use, disclose, copy, distribute or rely on any part of this correspondence (including any attachments) if you are not the intended recipient(s).本メッセージに記載および添付されている情報(以下、総称して「本情報」といいます。)は、本来の受信者による使用のみを意図しています。誤送信等により本情報を取得された場合でも、本情報に係る秘密、または法律上の秘匿特権が失われるものではありません。本電子メールを受取られた方が、本来の受信者ではない場合には、本情報及びそのコピーすべてを削除・破棄し、本電子メールが誤って届いた旨を発信者宛てにご通知下さいますようお願いします。本情報の閲覧、発信または本情報に基づくいかなる行為も明確に禁止されていることをご了承ください。

Hi,

There is actually an issue to discuss this:

Validation on server_cycle.py · Issue #5876 · bokeh/bokeh · GitHub

I'd like to to look at it soon. At the very least, exposing the hook provided by Tornado itself to Bokeh users should open a for users to plug in their own auth. Please add your comments and use case information to that issue.

Thanks,

Bryan

···

On Jun 14, 2017, at 20:38, [email protected] wrote:

Hello,

I was wondering what would be a simple way to do a password login for a bokeh app.

I found this reference here :
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/43183531/simple-username-password-protection-of-a-bokeh-server

Which uses another application.

On the other hand I could use the html parameters:
The idea would be to have the first page of the app to be the login screen. Then, after login a token is generated and passed as a html parameter that is checked on each session creation, if it is valid it displays a particular page.

Does it sound a good idea?

Is there any other possibibility that does not need another application? I could not find many examples using Bokeh secret.

Thank you

This correspondence (including any attachments) is for the intended recipient(s) only. It may contain confidential or privileged information or both. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mis-transmission. If you receive this correspondence by mistake, please contact the sender immediately, delete this correspondence (and all attachments) and destroy any hard copies. You must not use, disclose, copy, distribute or rely on any part of this correspondence (including any attachments) if you are not the intended recipient(s).本メッセージに記載および添付されている情報(以下、総称して「本情報」といいます。)は、本来の受信者による使用のみを意図しています。誤送信等により本情報を取得された場合でも、本情報に係る秘密、または法律上の秘匿特権が失われるものではありません。本電子メールを受取られた方が、本来の受信者ではない場合には、本情報及びそのコピーすべてを削除・破棄し、本電子メールが誤って届いた旨を発信者宛てにご通知下さいますようお願いします。本情報の閲覧、発信または本情報に基づくいかなる行為も明確に禁止されていることをご了承ください。

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/709bafcc-5fc2-4387-ad9a-57111531a400%40continuum.io\.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout\.