Rescaling

I have a figure defined like this

returns_hist = figure(plot_width=SMALLWIDTH, plot_height=HEIGHT, tools='', title='Returns Histogram')

I then update the data in an update function in this way

hist, edges = np.histogram(data['returns'], density=True, bins=50)
returns_hist.quad(top=hist, bottom=0, left=edges[:-1], right=edges[1:], line_color="white")

What I see is that some of the data sets have very large central peaks. Other's small.

If I display a large peeked data set its fine, the y_axis rescales.

If I then display a data set with a low peak, the y_axis does not rescale.

Is there a way for forcing a rescaling?

Thanks

Hi,

It's not really possible to speculate without more information. By default, "figure" uses auto-scaling DataRange1d objects for ranges. So possibly you are updating the range start/end manually (which disables further auto-scaling), or you have some other data that is preventing the scaling from only considering the histogram. More complete code would be necessary to say.

Thanks,

Bryan

ยทยทยท

On May 2, 2019, at 12:50 PM, [email protected] wrote:

I have a figure defined like this

returns_hist = figure(plot_width=SMALLWIDTH, plot_height=HEIGHT, tools='', title='Returns Histogram')

I then update the data in an update function in this way

hist, edges = np.histogram(data['returns'], density=True, bins=50)
returns_hist.quad(top=hist, bottom=0, left=edges[:-1], right=edges[1:], line_color="white")

What I see is that some of the data sets have very large central peaks. Other's small.

If I display a large peeked data set its fine, the y_axis rescales.

If I then display a data set with a low peak, the y_axis does not rescale.

Is there a way for forcing a rescaling?

Thanks

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/3bb97874-867d-447d-a162-8a1cd714f3bd%40continuum.io\.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout\.