Some bokeh server examples show up as blank browser tabs

I upgraded to the most recent dev distrbution of bokeh. I am now looking through some of the examples and I find that in some cases I get a blank browser window.

This happens for:
buttons_server.py
timeout_stocks.py
and stocks

My configuration is Windows 8 64, Anaconda 32 bit 2.7 latest package, Bokeh 0.11 dev.

What am I missing here?

Hi Redraven,

I don't think you are missing anythign, but Bokeh 0.11dev is pre-release, and there are still issues to resolve on windows:

https://github.com/bokeh/bokeh/issues/3305

None of the Bokeh core devs use Windows regularly to my knowledge, it would be great to get some new contributors that are normally Windows users to help with maintaining Windows support. In any case, I hope to have these issues resolved in the next week.

Thanks,

Bryan

···

On Dec 18, 2015, at 8:42 AM, RedRaven <[email protected]> wrote:

I upgraded to the most recent dev distrbution of bokeh. I am now looking through some of the examples and I find that in some cases I get a blank browser window.

This happens for:
buttons_server.py
timeout_stocks.py
and stocks

My configuration is Windows 8 64, Anaconda 32 bit 2.7 latest package, Bokeh 0.11 dev.

What am I missing here?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/65cc5da0-97d1-4cca-b4ff-c09f58d804fd%40continuum.io\.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout\.

Thanks Bryan. Well Im not entirely sure I am at the level that I can contribute but I will try to add what I can to the process.

I’ve gotten quite a bit of traction here thanks to you and Fabio. One last questions here, Is there a tool that lets you draw on the plot? Similar to the way you can write a drawing app using the Tkinter Canvas?

What I mean by this is, Bokeh has the hover tool and the selection tool. Is it possible to collect the mouse coordinates and to then plot a line plot over them?

···

On Friday, 18 December 2015 09:42:04 UTC-5, RedRaven wrote:

This happens for:
buttons_server.py
timeout_stocks.py
and stocks

What am I missing here?

So Ive been digging a little on my question here and it looks like what I need is a CustomJS interaction. Something like this:

// get data source from Callback args
        var data = source.get('data');

/// get coordinates from cb_data parameter of Callback
        var geometry = cb_data['data'];

/// Somehow obtain the X,Y coordinates of the mouse?
        var x = data['x']???
        var y = data['y']???

/// update data source with new series of coordinates
        data['x'].push(x);
        data['y'].push(y);

// trigger update of data source
        source.trigger('change');

Is this about right? What can I pull out from cb_data? I’m not familiar with JavaScript so I welcome any comments of suggestions here.

···

On Friday, 18 December 2015 14:00:55 UTC-5, RedRaven wrote:

Thanks Bryan. Well Im not entirely sure I am at the level that I can contribute but I will try to add what I can to the process.

I’ve gotten quite a bit of traction here thanks to you and Fabio. One last questions here, Is there a tool that lets you draw on the plot? Similar to the way you can write a drawing app using the Tkinter Canvas?

What I mean by this is, Bokeh has the hover tool and the selection tool. Is it possible to collect the mouse coordinates and to then plot a line plot over them?

This happens for:
buttons_server.py
timeout_stocks.py
and stocks

What am I missing here?

cb_data is just a little dict that the callback can pass data specific to it back to the callback function (i.e., it's specific to each kind of callback type) For instance here is some code that makes a selection on one plot zoom on another:

x = np.linspace(0, 10, 500)
    y = np.sin(x) + np.random.normal(size=500)

p1 = figure(plot_width=800, plot_height=250, min_border=0)
    p1.line(x, y)

p2 = figure(plot_width=800, plot_height=250, min_border=0)
    p2.line(x, y)

callback = CustomJS(args=dict(p1=p1), lang="coffeescript", code="""
       g = cb_data.geometry
       p1. get('frame').get('x_ranges').default.set({start: g.x0, end: g.x1})
    """)

p2.add_tools(BoxSelectTool(callback=callback, dimensions=['width']))

show(vplot(p1, p2))

The common BokehJS actions that you might perform in a CustomJS callback need to be documented better. That's my focus for the next week so I will try to include more about this in some of that work.

Bryan

···

On Dec 18, 2015, at 2:39 PM, RedRaven <[email protected]> wrote:

So Ive been digging a little on my question here and it looks like what I need is a CustomJS interaction. Something like this:

// get data source from Callback args
        var data = source.get('data');

/// get coordinates from cb_data parameter of Callback
        var geometry = cb_data['data'];

/// Somehow obtain the X,Y coordinates of the mouse?
        var x = data['x']???
        var y = data['y']???

/// update data source with new series of coordinates
        data['x'].push(x);
        data['y'].push(y);

// trigger update of data source
        source.trigger('change');

Is this about right? What can I pull out from cb_data? I'm not familiar with JavaScript so I welcome any comments of suggestions here.

On Friday, 18 December 2015 14:00:55 UTC-5, RedRaven wrote:

I've gotten quite a bit of traction here thanks to you and Fabio. One last questions here, Is there a tool that lets you draw on the plot? Similar to the way you can write a drawing app using the Tkinter Canvas?

This happens for:
buttons_server.py
timeout_stocks.py
and stocks

What am I missing here?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/4981f781-c33b-4543-a404-aad5f94a3b67%40continuum.io\.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout\.