Using Hover Tool

Hi all,

I have been exploring using the Hover Tool on plots within IPython, it looks pretty cool.

I have run into two problems:

1. The hover only works on scatter plots

2. If you have more than one scatter plot, you can only hover over points from the last plot.

I am doing something wrong or are these current limitations?

Thanks,

Zach Jones

Hi Zack,

Regarding 1), in addition to scatter markers, the hover tool also works with 'rect' glyphs as well. I hope to add support for annular and wedge shapes and lines of the upcoming 0.5. If you (or anyone else) is interested in getting your hands dirty, it's just a matter of implementing the _hit_point method on the relevant bokehjs renderer. :slight_smile:

As for 2) that might be a bug, but it also might just be that you need to re-use the datasource (the render functions take a "source" keyword argument). Check out the periodic.py example in examples/plotting/file. If that does not work, please file a GitHub issue!

Bryan

···

On Mar 5, 2014, at 7:14 PM, [email protected] wrote:

Hi all,

I have been exploring using the Hover Tool on plots within IPython, it looks pretty cool.

1) The hover only works on scatter plots
2) If you have more than one scatter plot, you can only hover over points from the last plot.

Thanks,
Zach Jones

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/6132b8cf-be46-487a-8584-32d364c17f35%40continuum.io\.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/groups/opt_out\.

Zach,

In the just release 0.4.2, hover now works on more glyph types (annulus, annular_wedge, and wedge in addition to rect and circle and all the markers) and the bug preventing it from working on multiple renderers has also been fixed.

Thanks,

Bryan

···

On Wednesday, March 5, 2014 7:14:39 PM UTC-5, [email protected] wrote:

Hi all,

1. The hover only works on scatter plots
  1. If you have more than one scatter plot, you can only hover over points from the last plot.

Thanks,

Zach Jones