0.12.5 release plans, and a brief absence

Hi All,

I wanted to give a quick update about some upcoming schedules. We had hoped to release Bokeh 0.12.5 this week, but are now targeting April 5 to release. This release cycle has seen some important fixes, polish, and a few great new features. In general it is a very solid release. But some last minute issues have also cropped up that would be pretty annoying. I want this release to take its place along some of the other exceptionally good releases (e.g. 0.8 and 0.12) so we are going to take a little extra time to focus purely on tests and polish.

There should be some additional release candidates next week, so you can really help by trying those out and reporting any issues along the way.

I also wanted to mention that I will be away for most of the next two weeks. I love working on Bokeh but after nearly four years nonstop, I need a little quiet time. :slight_smile: I mostly mention this because I also love helping our users, here, on Gitter, and on StackOverflow, and being away will mean responses (at least from *me*) will be on hiatus for a bit. Which actually makes this a great opportunity for everyone else! Lately, several folks have really picked up helping with user questions, and this has been a tremendous help. If you haven't had the chance to help other users yet by offering your wisdom, now is the perfect time to jump in.

Thanks,

Bryan

Thanks for the update, Bryan.

Looking forward to the next version. Everyone on the list really appreciates your tireless and diligent help.

Enjoy your vacation, and leave the laptop at home :slight_smile:

-paul

···

On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 10:24 AM, Bryan Van de ven [email protected] wrote:

Hi All,

I wanted to give a quick update about some upcoming schedules. We had hoped to release Bokeh 0.12.5 this week, but are now targeting April 5 to release. This release cycle has seen some important fixes, polish, and a few great new features. In general it is a very solid release. But some last minute issues have also cropped up that would be pretty annoying. I want this release to take its place along some of the other exceptionally good releases (e.g. 0.8 and 0.12) so we are going to take a little extra time to focus purely on tests and polish.

There should be some additional release candidates next week, so you can really help by trying those out and reporting any issues along the way.

I also wanted to mention that I will be away for most of the next two weeks. I love working on Bokeh but after nearly four years nonstop, I need a little quiet time. :slight_smile: I mostly mention this because I also love helping our users, here, on Gitter, and on StackOverflow, and being away will mean responses (at least from me) will be on hiatus for a bit. Which actually makes this a great opportunity for everyone else! Lately, several folks have really picked up helping with user questions, and this has been a tremendous help. If you haven’t had the chance to help other users yet by offering your wisdom, now is the perfect time to jump in.

Thanks,

Bryan

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

To post to this group, send email to [email protected].

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/7EAC1353-ED41-4F25-A837-CE111BB70AC6%40continuum.io.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.

Enjoy the vacation and leave your laptop and smart phone at home :slight_smile: Excited about version 0.12.5 :slight_smile: Wish I could help with the development… I think Bokeh is a cool project!

···

On Thursday, 23 March 2017 17:32:03 UTC, Paul Hobson wrote:

Thanks for the update, Bryan.

Looking forward to the next version. Everyone on the list really appreciates your tireless and diligent help.

Enjoy your vacation, and leave the laptop at home :slight_smile:

-paul

On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 10:24 AM, Bryan Van de ven [email protected] wrote:

Hi All,

I also wanted to mention that I will be away for most of the next two weeks. I love working on Bokeh but after nearly four years nonstop, I need a little quiet time. :slight_smile: I mostly mention this because I also love helping our users, here, on Gitter, and on StackOverflow, and being away will mean responses (at least from me) will be on hiatus for a bit. Which actually makes this a great opportunity for everyone else! Lately, several folks have really picked up helping with user questions, and this has been a tremendous help. If you haven’t had the chance to help other users yet by offering your wisdom, now is the perfect time to jump in.

Thanks,

Bryan

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

To post to this group, send email to [email protected].

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/7EAC1353-ED41-4F25-A837-CE111BB70AC6%40continuum.io.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.