There are now packages for 0.12rc1 available, that an be installed with the usual dev build instructions:
There will be full release information (including some new deprecations and migration notes) will be in the official 0.12 announcement, but here are some of the highlights:
* Responsive layout and styling improvements
* Expanded WebGL support
* New Arrow, Title, and Label annotations,
* LogColorMapper, simple "function" TickFormatter
* Viridis, Magma, Inferno, and Plasma color maps
* Support for computed transforms (e.g. Jitter) on data columns
* Server features for threads, and simpler deployment
As well as many bug fixes.
This release cycle has been longer than typical, and alot more work has gone in relative to past. There will certainly be kinks to smooth over, so help testing this week would be extremely valuable and appreciated. Please report any issues on the GitHub issue tracker (or ask questions here or on gitter: https://gitter.im/bokeh/bokeh)
One browser-specific issue was discovered after build:
Apart from this core issue, we anticipate only spending time on more testing, documentation, and examples this week, with a planned official release next Monday.
PLEASE NOTE: 0.12.x will be the last series before 1.0 release. There will be smaller micro-releases for 0.12.x for bugfixes and a few important features, but the main emphasis will be to adding more testing to our build automation infrastructure to ensure the stability of APIs going forward.