2 questions about InteractiveImage time series: hover/legend and column layout

The InteractiveImage in datashade seems like a huge win for looking at time series with millions of points. Hopefully I can move to this approach and away from my current dygraph usage.

I have two questions about using InteractiveImage with a time series using the techniques at the end of notebooks/tseries.ipynb:

1. When putting several series in the same interactive image, it’s helpful to have a mouse-over/hover to identify the series and point; and/or a legend (ideally like dygraph legends, which are sort of liked docked hovers in that they always show the points and identify the series). I see how to get hovers with non-interactive images from the notebooks/hover_layer.ipynb example; but it wasn’t clear to me how to get this working with InteractiveImage.

2. I like that the column layout can synchronize two or more bokeh time series (e.g. same time scale but different y axes), letting the user zoom with mousewheel on one and updating the others. Is it possible to put several InteractiveImages in a column layout and achieve a similar synchronization?

Thanks for putting the datashade pipeline together. It promises to be a very valuable tool.

Hi Jordan,

InteractiveImage is really part of the datashader project. The datashader devs do no regularly monitor this mailing list AFAIK. For the time being, the best way to engage with the datashader team is probably via a GH issue on the bokeh/datashader project issue tracker.

Thanks,

Bryan

···

On Sep 28, 2016, at 8:51 AM, [email protected] wrote:

The InteractiveImage in datashade seems like a huge win for looking at time series with millions of points. Hopefully I can move to this approach and away from my current dygraph usage.

I have two questions about using InteractiveImage with a time series using the techniques at the end of notebooks/tseries.ipynb:

1. When putting several series in the same interactive image, it's helpful to have a mouse-over/hover to identify the series and point; and/or a legend (ideally like dygraph legends, which are sort of liked docked hovers in that they always show the points and identify the series). I see how to get hovers with non-interactive images from the notebooks/hover_layer.ipynb example; but it wasn't clear to me how to get this working with InteractiveImage.

2. I like that the column layout can synchronize two or more bokeh time series (e.g. same time scale but different y axes), letting the user zoom with mousewheel on one and updating the others. Is it possible to put several InteractiveImages in a column layout and achieve a similar synchronization?

Thanks for putting the datashade pipeline together. It promises to be a very valuable tool.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/75289ed6-a3be-4036-870c-616e31e21d02%40continuum.io\.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout\.