Accessing values entered in DataTable

Hello all,

I recently implemented a version of the data_tables_server.py example for my own data and I would like to know how I can access the data that is edited in the DataTable from my code. In this example only the values given in the Select dropdown boxes are given back to the code but not the values that are manually changed in the table. I’ve seen that the DataTable class has a method on_change() but so far it doesn’t seem to do what I expected. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Best,

Warren

Hi Warren

I’ve actually opened an issue about the DataTable widget and how we should manage the data change users when users edit the table content. Right now it does not propagate changes to the server, only to the plots that share sources with DataTable, but then it’s overwritten when the sources are updated from the server. So yes, we probably need to have a better think about how to handle this. IMHO it requires some thinking because I’m sure there is a significant number of different behaviours different users would expect, based on their needs.

Please feel free to contribute to discussions there. :slight_smile:

Cheers

Fabio

···

On Tuesday, April 28, 2015 at 5:04:56 PM UTC+2, [email protected] wrote:

Hello all,

I recently implemented a version of the data_tables_server.py example for my own data and I would like to know how I can access the data that is edited in the DataTable from my code. In this example only the values given in the Select dropdown boxes are given back to the code but not the values that are manually changed in the table. I’ve seen that the DataTable class has a method on_change() but so far it doesn’t seem to do what I expected. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Best,

Warren