ANN: Bokeh 0.9.1 released

Hi all,

On behalf of the Bokeh team, I am excited to announce the release of version 0.9.1 of Bokeh, an interactive web plotting library for Python… and other languages!

This release focused on extending Bokeh’s new callback system by adding more places where callbacks can be used, expanding and improving the new User’s Guide, exposing better ways to embed Bokeh plots and widgets into your own layouts, and providing validation error and warning feedback to diagnose problems.

Some of the highlights are:

• New callbacks options for hover, selection, and range updates

• Documentation for widgets and new callbacks in the User’s Guide

• Much more flexible embed.components that can embed multiple objects

• Implemented a validation framework to provide errors and warnings

• More than 30 smaller bugfixes

See the CHANGELOG for full details.

If you are using Anaconda/miniconda, you can install it with conda:

conda install bokeh

or directly from our Binstar main channel with:

conda install -c bokeh bokeh

Alternatively, you can also install it with pip:

pip install bokeh

If you want to use Bokeh in standalone Javascript applications, BokehJS is available by CDN at:

Additionally, BokehJS is also installable with the Node Package Manager at https://www.npmjs.com/package/bokehjs

Issues, enhancement requests, and pull requests can be made on the Bokeh Github page: https://github.com/bokeh/bokeh

Questions can be directed to the Bokeh mailing list: [email protected]

Cheers.

···

Damián Avila

Continuum Analytics

[email protected]

Dear Bokeh team
I upgraded from 0.9.0 to 0.9.1 and now I my plots don’t work anymore.
I fixed a bunch of errors in my code which were due to extra parameters I was passing to my glyph functions, however after that I am still getting the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/y/Projects/rost-cli/bin/topic_explrer_bokeh”, line 174, in
show(p)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bokeh/io.py”, line 237, in show
_show_with_state(obj, _state, browser, new)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bokeh/io.py”, line 250, in _show_with_state
_show_file_with_state(obj, state, new, controller)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bokeh/io.py”, line 253, in _show_file_with_state
save(obj, state=state)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bokeh/io.py”, line 302, in save
_save_helper(obj, filename, resources, title)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bokeh/io.py”, line 342, in _save_helper
html = file_html(doc, resources, title)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bokeh/embed.py”, line 206, in file_html
script, div = components(plot_object)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bokeh/embed.py”, line 82, in components
_append_plot(all_models, plots, plot_object, elementid)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bokeh/embed.py”, line 113, in _append_plot
all_models.extend(plot_object.dump())
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bokeh/document.py”, line 239, in dump
check_integrity(models)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bokeh/validation/check.py”, line 22, in check_integrity
messages[func.validator_type].extend(func())
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bokeh/validation/decorators.py”, line 23, in wrapper
extra = func(*args, **kw)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bokeh/models/sources.py”, line 234, in _check_column_lengths
lengths = set(len(x) for x in self.data.values())
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bokeh/models/sources.py”, line 234, in
TypeError: object of type ‘int’ has no len()

···

On Monday, July 6, 2015 at 5:03:09 PM UTC-4, Damian Avila wrote:

Hi all,

On behalf of the Bokeh team, I am excited to announce the release of version 0.9.1 of Bokeh, an interactive web plotting library for Python… and other languages!

This release focused on extending Bokeh’s new callback system by adding more places where callbacks can be used, expanding and improving the new User’s Guide, exposing better ways to embed Bokeh plots and widgets into your own layouts, and providing validation error and warning feedback to diagnose problems.

conda install bokeh

pip install bokeh

If you want to use Bokeh in standalone Javascript applications, BokehJS is available by CDN at:

Additionally, BokehJS is also installable with the Node Package Manager at https://www.npmjs.com/package/bokehjs

Issues, enhancement requests, and pull requests can be made on the Bokeh Github page: https://github.com/bokeh/bokeh

Cheers.

Damián Avila

Continuum Analytics

[email protected]

Hi Yogesh,

Do you have an example code to reproduce? Thanks!

···

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 4:26 PM, Yooogi [email protected] wrote:

Dear Bokeh team
I fixed a bunch of errors in my code which were due to extra parameters I was passing to my glyph functions, however after that I am still getting the following error:

show(p)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bokeh/io.py”, line 250, in _show_with_state
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bokeh/io.py”, line 253, in _show_file_with_state
save(obj, state=state)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bokeh/io.py”, line 342, in _save_helper
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bokeh/embed.py”, line 206, in file_html
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bokeh/embed.py”, line 82, in components
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bokeh/embed.py”, line 113, in _append_plot
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bokeh/document.py”, line 239, in dump
check_integrity(models)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bokeh/validation/check.py”, line 22, in check_integrity
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bokeh/validation/decorators.py”, line 23, in wrapper
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bokeh/models/sources.py”, line 234, in _check_column_lengths
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bokeh/models/sources.py”, line 234, in

Hi all,

conda install bokeh

pip install bokeh

Cheers.

Damián Avila

Continuum Analytics

[email protected]

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

To post to this group, send email to [email protected].

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/048e2d1e-8f50-4494-a729-0b40ac00b4d0%40continuum.io.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.

Damián Avila

Continuum Analytics

[email protected]

It looks like one of the columns in your ColumnDataSource is a number, not a list or an array or a pandas series. As Damian mentioned it's hard to say more without some code to look at.

Thanks,

Bryan

···

On Jul 6, 2015, at 4:26 PM, Yooogi <[email protected]> wrote:

Dear Bokeh team
I upgraded from 0.9.0 to 0.9.1 and now I my plots don't work anymore.

File "/home/y/Projects/rost-cli/bin/topic_explrer_bokeh", line 174, in <module>
    show(p)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bokeh/io.py", line 237, in show
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bokeh/io.py", line 250, in _show_with_state
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bokeh/io.py", line 253, in _show_file_with_state
    save(obj, state=state)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bokeh/io.py", line 302, in save
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bokeh/io.py", line 342, in _save_helper
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bokeh/embed.py", line 206, in file_html
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bokeh/embed.py", line 82, in components
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bokeh/embed.py", line 113, in _append_plot
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bokeh/document.py", line 239, in dump
    check_integrity(models)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bokeh/validation/check.py", line 22, in check_integrity
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bokeh/validation/decorators.py", line 23, in wrapper
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bokeh/models/sources.py", line 234, in _check_column_lengths
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bokeh/models/sources.py", line 234, in <genexpr>
TypeError: object of type 'int' has no len()

Hi all,

On behalf of the Bokeh team, I am excited to announce the release of version 0.9.1 of Bokeh, an interactive web plotting library for Python... and other languages!

* New callbacks options for hover, selection, and range updates
* Documentation for widgets and new callbacks in the User’s Guide
* Much more flexible embed.components that can embed multiple objects
* Implemented a validation framework to provide errors and warnings
* More than 30 smaller bugfixes

conda install bokeh

pip install bokeh

* http://cdn.pydata.org/bokeh/release/bokeh-0.9.1.min.js
* http://cdn.pydata.org/bokeh/release/bokeh-0.9.1.min.css

Additionally, BokehJS is also installable with the Node Package Manager at bokehjs - npm

Cheers.

--
Damián Avila
Continuum Analytics
[email protected]

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/048e2d1e-8f50-4494-a729-0b40ac00b4d0%40continuum.io\.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout\.

Yup, I can reproduce with this code:

from bokeh.models import ColumnDataSource
  from bokeh.plotting import *

# This is the error. ColumnDataSource values must be iterable columns
  source = ColumnDataSource(data=dict(foo=10))

p = figure()
  p.circle(x="foo", y=10, source=source)

output_file("foo.html")
  show(p)

Bryan

···

On Jul 6, 2015, at 5:31 PM, Bryan Van de Ven <[email protected]> wrote:

It looks like one of the columns in your ColumnDataSource is a number, not a list or an array or a pandas series. As Damian mentioned it's hard to say more without some code to look at.

Thanks,

Bryan

On Jul 6, 2015, at 4:26 PM, Yooogi <[email protected]> wrote:

Dear Bokeh team
I upgraded from 0.9.0 to 0.9.1 and now I my plots don't work anymore.

File "/home/y/Projects/rost-cli/bin/topic_explrer_bokeh", line 174, in <module>
   show(p)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bokeh/io.py", line 237, in show
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bokeh/io.py", line 250, in _show_with_state
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bokeh/io.py", line 253, in _show_file_with_state
   save(obj, state=state)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bokeh/io.py", line 302, in save
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bokeh/io.py", line 342, in _save_helper
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bokeh/embed.py", line 206, in file_html
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bokeh/embed.py", line 82, in components
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bokeh/embed.py", line 113, in _append_plot
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bokeh/document.py", line 239, in dump
   check_integrity(models)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bokeh/validation/check.py", line 22, in check_integrity
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bokeh/validation/decorators.py", line 23, in wrapper
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bokeh/models/sources.py", line 234, in _check_column_lengths
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bokeh/models/sources.py", line 234, in <genexpr>
TypeError: object of type 'int' has no len()

Hi all,

On behalf of the Bokeh team, I am excited to announce the release of version 0.9.1 of Bokeh, an interactive web plotting library for Python... and other languages!

* New callbacks options for hover, selection, and range updates
* Documentation for widgets and new callbacks in the User’s Guide
* Much more flexible embed.components that can embed multiple objects
* Implemented a validation framework to provide errors and warnings
* More than 30 smaller bugfixes

conda install bokeh

pip install bokeh

* http://cdn.pydata.org/bokeh/release/bokeh-0.9.1.min.js
* http://cdn.pydata.org/bokeh/release/bokeh-0.9.1.min.css

Additionally, BokehJS is also installable with the Node Package Manager at bokehjs - npm

Cheers.

--
Damián Avila
Continuum Analytics
[email protected]

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/048e2d1e-8f50-4494-a729-0b40ac00b4d0%40continuum.io\.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout\.

That was indeed the issue.
Thank you.

···

On Monday, July 6, 2015 at 6:31:09 PM UTC-4, Bryan Van de ven wrote:

It looks like one of the columns in your ColumnDataSource is a number, not a list or an array or a pandas series. As Damian mentioned it’s hard to say more without some code to look at.

Thanks,

Bryan

On Jul 6, 2015, at 4:26 PM, Yooogi [email protected] wrote:

Dear Bokeh team

show(p)

save(obj, state=state)

check_integrity(models)

Hi all,

conda install bokeh

pip install bokeh

Cheers.

Damián Avila

Continuum Analytics

[email protected]

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/048e2d1e-8f50-4494-a729-0b40ac00b4d0%40continuum.io.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.