bkcharts is no longer supported, so where did bokeh.charts.Bar go?

12.6 deprecated bokeh.charts in favor of bkcharts package, which is no longer supported: https://github.com/bokeh/bkcharts

bkcharts references holoviews, which does not have Bar plots. Solution?

Bokeh 0.12.7 completely revamped categorical support, making many kinds of bar chart simple and easy with bokeh.plotting. See:

  http://bokeh.pydata.org/en/latest/docs/user_guide/categorical.html

FYI This kind of information is usually broadcast in the release blog posts:

  https://bokeh.github.io/blog/2017/8/29/release-0-12-7/

As well as on twitter @BokehPlots

Thanks,

Thanks,

···

On Sep 6, 2017, at 10:10, [email protected] wrote:

12.6 deprecated bokeh.charts in favor of bkcharts package, which is no longer supported: https://github.com/bokeh/bkcharts

bkcharts references holoviews, which does not have Bar plots. Solution?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/2f001826-fb2f-4f21-9122-f5086639422f%40continuum.io.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.

Hi,

and what about chord diagrams? I don’t find it neither in Bokeh nor Holoviews.

Regards,

Felipe

···

2017-09-06 12:50 GMT-03:00 Bryan Van de ven [email protected]:

Bokeh 0.12.7 completely revamped categorical support, making many kinds of bar chart simple and easy with bokeh.plotting. See:

    [http://bokeh.pydata.org/en/latest/docs/user_guide/categorical.html](http://bokeh.pydata.org/en/latest/docs/user_guide/categorical.html)

FYI This kind of information is usually broadcast in the release blog posts:

    [https://bokeh.github.io/blog/2017/8/29/release-0-12-7/](https://bokeh.github.io/blog/2017/8/29/release-0-12-7/)

As well as on twitter @BokehPlots

Thanks,

Thanks,

On Sep 6, 2017, at 10:10, [email protected] wrote:

12.6 deprecated bokeh.charts in favor of bkcharts package, which is no longer supported: https://github.com/bokeh/bkcharts

bkcharts references holoviews, which does not have Bar plots. Solution?

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

To post to this group, send email to [email protected].

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/2f001826-fb2f-4f21-9122-f5086639422f%40continuum.io.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

To post to this group, send email to [email protected].

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/DC17DB8C-DB48-453D-BC72-B708E80720DC%40anaconda.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.

Regrettably, those are not available currently ether in Bokeh of HV yet as you say. There are very limited human resources available there simply has not been enough bandwidth to make this one specialized chart a priority over many other tasks yet. I would think HV is the best place to consider adding them at this point, so I'd suggest making an issue on their tracker to add it:

  https://github.com/ioam/holoviews/issues

In the mean time the only suggestion I can offer is to stick with older versions of Bokeh to generate Chord charts.

Thanks,

Bryan

···

On Oct 17, 2017, at 10:37, Felipe Cuevas <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi,

and what about chord diagrams? I don't find it neither in Bokeh nor Holoviews.

Regards,
Felipe

2017-09-06 12:50 GMT-03:00 Bryan Van de ven <[email protected]>:

Bokeh 0.12.7 completely revamped categorical support, making many kinds of bar chart simple and easy with bokeh.plotting. See:

        http://bokeh.pydata.org/en/latest/docs/user_guide/categorical.html

FYI This kind of information is usually broadcast in the release blog posts:

        https://bokeh.github.io/blog/2017/8/29/release-0-12-7/

As well as on twitter @BokehPlots

Thanks,

Thanks,

> On Sep 6, 2017, at 10:10, [email protected] wrote:
>
> 12.6 deprecated bokeh.charts in favor of bkcharts package, which is no longer supported: https://github.com/bokeh/bkcharts
>
> bkcharts references holoviews, which does not have Bar plots. Solution?
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/2f001826-fb2f-4f21-9122-f5086639422f%40continuum.io.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/DC17DB8C-DB48-453D-BC72-B708E80720DC%40anaconda.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/CAJwqm3Z38WmMuVbc1_rOtoUx8gPStjdd6%3DFThff0TVxwCn8T7g%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.