Bokeh application executable

I created a simple bokeh application and I want to find a way that my local users can access directly to the application without using cmd : bokeh serve --show bokehapp.py

like creating an executable.

@Bryan any help please for that question

@Soul This is a community with several active responders. There is never a reason to tag any one individual, and certainly not after only after a few hours. Users here are spread across all timezones, and in addition, it is currently a holiday in the US (where I am). You should adjust your expectations for responses to be in terms of days, not hours, and be patient.

I have zero experience with pyinstaller or py2exe or any tools like that. I personally think they are usually a bad solution to any situation, so I cannot offer any guidance about those. Maybe there is someone else here who can comment, but generally you should direct questions about using those tools to support forums or issue trackers for those tools.

Otherwise, all I can point you to is documentation for embedding Bokeh server as a library, which would let you run a Bokeh server app from a “regular” Python script, rather than bokeh serve.

1 Like

Hi,
Why not have the server running on a local computer and give users a local URL to bookmark in their browser?
No need to install Python/Bokeh/etc… on everyone’s machine to access the app.

eg I use this to launch an app that I can connect from another local machine:

bokeh serve --address 192.168.100.42 --allow-websocket-origin=192.168.100.42:5006 czsliders.py

3 Likes

There is a minimal example here howto standalone_embed.py.
I used it and pyinstaller. But it is very tricky to build an executable. You should determine and copy all required libraries with pyinstaller, then debug the .exe.
The best way is to use a centralized server to run code and clients will connect with web browser (no installation required on client pc).

3 Likes

Excuse me, could you tell me what you did to make the .exe file works. I created an executable but, when I launch it, nothing happends.
As aditional information, all packages needed are from anaconda but I also used another folder ( with its correspondend init.py file) with several .py files with my own fuctions.
Thanks in advance

to make it executable, use .Net (visual studio) and create a new python proyect.

brilliant! what do you do with this? do you paste it at the end, or a call to it?(how)