Bokeh application not working properly on some browsers

Hi,

I have the following bokeh application:
https://galaxyportal.space/

As of today it is not working normally on some browsers/machines, but does work on others.
In cases where it is not working properly the application does load but I can’t, for example, use the lasso tool to select objects from the 2D map (the lasso tool just doesn’t behave the way you would expect).

It doesn’t work from Chrome on my phone, but it does work from Firefox on my phone, and from Chrome on my laptop.
The last time I checked (a few days ago) it was working normally everywhere.

Do you have any ideas of what might have happened?

Thanks!

I’ve also noticed that Chrome does not seem to like Bokeh…
Some svg images which are perfectly fine displayed in Firefox are stretched extremely in Chrome.

First off that app is really cool!

However, it does not work well on mobile Safari either. The discontinuous “stretching” (if you are talking about what I think you are) is definitely just a bug. I notice you are version 1.1 so I guess my first inclination is to see if things persist with a version update.

All that said: Bokeh currently gets zero mobile testing. (Which has pretty much always been the case). As a small core team we don’t have any experience with mobile dev or automated mobile testing. Or for that matter, human time to devote to it. It’s not an area I would like to cede, but realistically I don’t see how things improve dramatically until/unless someone with experience decides they want to become a contributor (or we get funding to hire someone).

Thanks Bryan!

I’ll try updating the bokeh version

Strangely, as of today it is working normally again from my phone :thinking:

Hi ireis,

For what it’s worth, I played around with your app on my android phone, in Brave, and it also seemed to be working as intended. :slight_smile:

It’s a great app-- would you like to add a short description and contribute it to our Showcase? We could also send out a tweet about it, to show our followers an example of Bokeh well applied, if that’s alright with you.

Thank you!
Carolyn