Bokeh for 3D visualization

Hi All,

I am a novice to Bokeh for data visualization. I want to use 3D visualizations like Scatterplot on Bokeh. I know there is a surface3d example using VisJS on the Bokeh gallery.

Customization and access to parameters like camera angle are not easy.

A few questions which I would love to hear your opinions on:

How to access camera position using a Bokeh/VisJS 3D chart?

Is canvas controllable using Bokeh?

Are there any bokeh/threejs 3D visualization implementations?

Appreciate your replies.

Regards,

Wafa Waheeda

Software Engineer | Qatar Computing & Research Institute

1 Like

Hi,

AFAIK vis.js does not really expose many or any of these things. It is really a toy library. It was chosen because it was a nice way to demonstrate that Bokeh could be extended to wrap other third party libraries, not because it was an especially good 3d library. And to be clear: that example definitely is not mean to suggest that any kind of 3d capability is supported directly by the project, because that is not the case. If you need a real, sophisticated 3d widget to integrate with Bokeh, I think you'll need to make a new custom extension with a more capable library than vis.js (and if you do so, please share with the community for the benefit of others).

Thanks,

Bryan

···

On Jun 14, 2018, at 02:59, Wafa Waheeda <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi All,

I am a novice to Bokeh for data visualization. I want to use 3D visualizations like Scatterplot on Bokeh. I know there is a surface3d example using VisJS on the Bokeh gallery.

Customization and access to parameters like camera angle are not easy.

A few questions which I would love to hear your opinions on:
How to access camera position using a Bokeh/VisJS 3D chart?
Is canvas controllable using Bokeh?
Are there any bokeh/threejs 3D visualization implementations?

Appreciate your replies.

Regards,
  Wafa Waheeda
  Software Engineer | Qatar Computing & Research Institute

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/578c2272-6d22-4419-8fb9-7dd84dbb8043%40continuum.io\.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout\.