[bokeh] Renewed request for a range slider

Can you make a new issue for this (double sided slider) specifically? I will say that now that it is possible to extend Bokeh with user defined models this is actually something that people could experiment with easily, without having to get dragged into the full dev cycle and process. Ideally, I hope this kind of user experimentation can lead to new contributions and contributors. There's definitely some things that user's might reasonably want that would not make sense to put into the core library, simply from a maintenance and "library bloat" perspective. But even among the good ideas that might be plausible to add to the core library, there's obviously more that gets suggested than the current core team can keep up with. It's my fervent hope that User Defined models open up faster iteration paths for new contributions.

Bryan

···

On Jan 8, 2016, at 10:55 AM, Jim Sharpe <[email protected]> wrote:

About a year ago issue #1982 was posted on github asking for a "normal range slider". It was subsequently closed with apparently the resolution that Bokeh already includes a slider. However, as was noted at the end of that discussion, the request was for something a bit different in that the range slider includes both upper and lower drag points rather than just a single drag point. I have many uses for this kind of widget as it basically replaces the approach of having to create two normal sliders for the max in min values as demonstrated in this recent Bokeh demo.

Any chance that issue could be reopened? Or does someone know of a different range slider that would work in a jupyter notebook?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/f84cd0cf-f8b9-4467-ad0c-57a58a6f8400%40continuum.io.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.

I just created issue #3590 and agree that it might be a good candidate for extension as a user defined model, maybe even leveraging the script in this example posted earlier as a basis.

···

On Friday, January 8, 2016 at 12:19:58 PM UTC-7, Bryan Van de ven wrote:

Can you make a new issue for this (double sided slider) specifically? I will say that now that it is possible to extend Bokeh with user defined models this is actually something that people could experiment with easily, without having to get dragged into the full dev cycle and process. Ideally, I hope this kind of user experimentation can lead to new contributions and contributors. There’s definitely some things that user’s might reasonably want that would not make sense to put into the core library, simply from a maintenance and “library bloat” perspective. But even among the good ideas that might be plausible to add to the core library, there’s obviously more that gets suggested than the current core team can keep up with. It’s my fervent hope that User Defined models open up faster iteration paths for new contributions.

Bryan

On Jan 8, 2016, at 10:55 AM, Jim Sharpe [email protected] wrote:

About a year ago issue #1982 was posted on github asking for a “normal range slider”. It was subsequently closed with apparently the resolution that Bokeh already includes a slider. However, as was noted at the end of that discussion, the request was for something a bit different in that the range slider includes both upper and lower drag points rather than just a single drag point. I have many uses for this kind of widget as it basically replaces the approach of having to create two normal sliders for the max in min values as demonstrated in this recent Bokeh demo.

Any chance that issue could be reopened? Or does someone know of a different range slider that would work in a jupyter notebook?

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Bokeh Discussion - Public” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].

To post to this group, send email to [email protected].

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/f84cd0cf-f8b9-4467-ad0c-57a58a6f8400%40continuum.io.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout.