Bokeh server only renders on localhost and not on external client

Hello,
I have a little problem with my Bokeh server:
I want to run a Bokeh server on a linux machine.
I start bokeh on the linuxmachine like this:

user@PC$ bokeh serve ./TS_Scatter/ --port 5010 --allow-websocket-origin=*:5010
2023-09-19 14:47:49,195 Starting Bokeh server version 3.1.1 (running on Tornado 6.2)
2023-09-19 14:47:49,432 Host wildcard '*:5010' will allow connections originating from multiple (or possibly all) hostnames or IPs. Use non-wildcard values to restrict access explicitly
2023-09-19 14:47:49,432 User authentication hooks NOT provided (default user enabled)
2023-09-19 14:47:49,436 Bokeh app running at: http://localhost:5010/TS_Scatter
2023-09-19 14:47:49,436 Starting Bokeh server with process id: 6828

except for minor warnings everything looks fine, when I run it on the local host:

But when I try to access it from an external client (Windows10 PC) Nothing is rendering.
And I get a lot of errors in the web console. (see picture below)

Can anyone help me to fix this?
When i run other scripts which use idendical modules I dont have this problem…

thanks for you help in advance.

OK, apparently my posted problem is part of a stupid firefox issue. It refuses the connection (NS_ERROR_CONNECTION_REFUSED).
But now i get another error on the client side:

And i can not get around this.
help and good advise would be awesome :smiley:

Sorry for the back and forth.

I now fixed the second error. (it was a simple bokeh update) :sweat_smile:
But the first error of the original post keeps coming up. My workaround was using chrome instead of firefox, but now i get the same “connection refused”-Error like before…

This is a bug that will be fixed in the next release:

[BUG] Static paths loaded always from localhost in Bokeh 3.1.1 · Issue #13170 · bokeh/bokeh · GitHub

For now your options are;

• downgrade to an earlier version of Bokeh
  • load BokehJS from CDN (i.e. by setting env var BOKEH_RESOURCES=cdn)

Using CDN resources is actually what I would recommend for “production” in any case, assuming you are not in an air-gapped environment.

1 Like

Thank you for the super quick response. Downgrading to bokeh 3.0.3 worked good for me. And solved the
Problem. Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.