bokeh sliders and other widgets on touch / mobile browsers

Hi,
  I have been working with a variety of bokeh widgets such as sliders, checkboxes, drop-downs, etc. All work well on desktop browsers. However, when viewed on mobile browsers, sliders (and some of the plot tools like zoom) do not behave as expected because the browser and/or device assumes one is trying to move the entire viewing window rather than the slider. I have not successfully moved a slider on iOS Safari, for instance. My question: is there a bokeh or css setting that will force correct behavior on mobile browsers? Or is this a problem for the webpage wrapped around the bokeh app?

FYI these are bokeh apps running on a standalone server.

Thanks
Jason

Hi,

I'd love for Bokeh to work better on mobile. The experience required to make that happen is unfortunately entirely outside my domain of knowledge, so any improvements there will be slow to happen at best. If you know anyone who is terrific at mobile web UI development who would be interested in joining an OSS project team to work on this for Bokeh, please send them our way. We work to be extremely helpful and welcoming to any and all new contributors.

Thanks,

Bryan

···

On Jun 14, 2017, at 09:22, Jason Tumlinson <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi,
  I have been working with a variety of bokeh widgets such as sliders, checkboxes, drop-downs, etc. All work well on desktop browsers. However, when viewed on mobile browsers, sliders (and some of the plot tools like zoom) do not behave as expected because the browser and/or device assumes one is trying to move the entire viewing window rather than the slider. I have not successfully moved a slider on iOS Safari, for instance. My question: is there a bokeh or css setting that will force correct behavior on mobile browsers? Or is this a problem for the webpage wrapped around the bokeh app?

Thanks
Jason

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/0CB1F273-0411-4EF7-A080-44783837D423%40gmail.com\.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout\.

Sorry, to explicitly answer your question: there are no mobile-specific settings built in to Bokeh. There are generic hooks like the css_classes property to help people work in their own CSS if desired but that's it.

Thanks,

Bryan

···

On Jun 14, 2017, at 09:53, Bryan Van de ven <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi,

I'd love for Bokeh to work better on mobile. The experience required to make that happen is unfortunately entirely outside my domain of knowledge, so any improvements there will be slow to happen at best. If you know anyone who is terrific at mobile web UI development who would be interested in joining an OSS project team to work on this for Bokeh, please send them our way. We work to be extremely helpful and welcoming to any and all new contributors.

Thanks,

Bryan

On Jun 14, 2017, at 09:22, Jason Tumlinson <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi,

Thanks
Jason

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/0CB1F273-0411-4EF7-A080-44783837D423%40gmail.com\.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout\.