/bokehjs/static does not exist?

I managed to get bokeh-server running from the top-level directory of the latest git checkout.

When running line_server.ipynb example the bokeh-server complains about not being able to find (404) /bokehjs/static/js/bokeh.js

Renaming release → static removes the error messages but no plots show when I call show in the notebook

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

I have bokeh 0.4 installed but AFAICS neither site-packages nor Scripts contain bokeh-server so I have to run it from a source checkout?

Whilst I’m here, the new box-zoom functionality is great, but I’d still love to be able to have both pan and wheel-zoom selected at the same time. Is that something that’s in the roadmap?

Thanks,

Dave

Python 2.7.5 |Anaconda 1.8.0 (64-bit)| (default, Jul 1 2013, 12:37:52) [MSC v.1500 64 bit (AMD64)] on win32

Hi Dave,

bokeh-server gets placed the same place that any python python package places scripts. On my machine it's the bin directory:

/Users/bryan/anaconda/envs/py3/bin/bokeh-server

On Windows it should be in the Scripts directory.

Regarding 'static', it looks like there is a bug in the setup.py. (I am usually using "python setup.py devjs" I'll make sure to add testing "setup.py install" to our checklist). I should be able to fix this in master late today.

About the tools, they are both on! We should have added better documentation, but the wheel zoom works automatically if you hold down shift key while you scroll. We tried having it always on without the key press, but then it messes with page scrolling. If we can figure out a way to not start zooming if the user is in the middle of scrolling the page, we will change it to that. Or maybe this could be made configurable if someone does not mind the zoom/page scroll interaction.

Bryan

···

On Feb 5, 2014, at 8:21 AM, [email protected] wrote:

I managed to get bokeh-server running from the top-level directory of the latest git checkout.

When running line_server.ipynb example the bokeh-server complains about not being able to find (404) /bokehjs/static/js/bokeh.js

Renaming release --> static removes the error messages but no plots show when I call show in the notebook

I have bokeh 0.4 installed but AFAICS neither site-packages nor Scripts contain bokeh-server so I have to run it from a source checkout?

Whilst I'm here, the new box-zoom functionality is great, but I'd still love to be able to have both pan and wheel-zoom selected at the same time. Is that something that's in the roadmap?

Thanks,
Dave

Python 2.7.5 |Anaconda 1.8.0 (64-bit)| (default, Jul 1 2013, 12:37:52) [MSC v.1500 64 bit (AMD64)] on win32

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/a72e677f-4a6d-49e7-a35a-74beb1ba7a95%40continuum.io\.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/groups/opt_out\.

Hi Dave,

Actually on closer inspection I am not sure this is a problem with setup.py. I am able to run this example after a "setup.py install" can you file an issue on GH (https://github.com/ContinuumIO/Bokeh\) with some more information, install steps you you, log output from the server, browser console logs, etc? Thanks so much for your help!

Bryan

···

On Feb 5, 2014, at 9:29 AM, Bryan Van de Ven <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi Dave,

bokeh-server gets placed the same place that any python python package places scripts. On my machine it's the bin directory:

Regarding 'static', it looks like there is a bug in the setup.py. (I am usually using "python setup.py devjs" I'll make sure to add testing "setup.py install" to our checklist). I should be able to fix this in master late today.

About the tools, they are both on! We should have added better documentation, but the wheel zoom works automatically if you hold down shift key while you scroll. We tried having it always on without the key press, but then it messes with page scrolling. If we can figure out a way to not start zooming if the user is in the middle of scrolling the page, we will change it to that. Or maybe this could be made configurable if someone does not mind the zoom/page scroll interaction.

Bryan

Renaming release --> static removes the error messages but no plots show when I call show in the notebook

Whilst I'm here, the new box-zoom functionality is great, but I'd still love to be able to have both pan and wheel-zoom selected at the same time. Is that something that's in the roadmap?

Thanks,
Dave

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/a72e677f-4a6d-49e7-a35a-74beb1ba7a95%40continuum.io\.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/groups/opt_out\.

Hi Dave,

bokeh-server gets placed the same place that any python python package places scripts. On my machine it’s the bin directory:

Regarding ‘static’, it looks like there is a bug in the setup.py. (I am usually using “python setup.py devjs” I’ll make sure to add testing “setup.py install” to our checklist). I should be able to fix this in master late today.

Bryan

Renaming release → static removes the error messages but no plots show when I call show in the notebook

Whilst I’m here, the new box-zoom functionality is great, but I’d still love to be able to have both pan and wheel-zoom selected at the same time. Is that something that’s in the roadmap?

Thanks,

Dave

Bokeh which comes with Anaconda on windows doesn’t have the bokeh-server script anywhere AFAICS.

C:\Users\dhirschfeld>bokeh-server

‘bokeh-server’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

C:\Users\dhirschfeld>python

Python 2.7.5 |Anaconda 1.9.0 (64-bit)| (default, Jul 1 2013, 12:37:52) [MSC v.1500 64 bit (AMD64)] on win32

Type “help”, “copyright”, “credits” or “license” for more information.

···

On Wednesday, 5 February 2014 15:29:48 UTC, Bryan Van de ven wrote:

Hi Dave,

bokeh-server gets placed the same place that any python python package places scripts. On my machine it’s the bin directory:

Regarding ‘static’, it looks like there is a bug in the setup.py. (I am usually using “python setup.py devjs” I’ll make sure to add testing “setup.py install” to our checklist). I should be able to fix this in master late today.

Bryan

Thanks,

Dave

Bokeh which comes with Anaconda on windows doesn’t have the bokeh-server script anywhere AFAICS.

C:\Users\dhirschfeld>bokeh-server

‘bokeh-server’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

C:\Users\dhirschfeld>python

Python 2.7.5 |Anaconda 1.9.0 (64-bit)| (default, Jul 1 2013, 12:37:52) [MSC v.1500 64 bit (AMD64)] on win32

Maybe it’s because I’m running the bokeh-server from a git checkout against an installed version 0.4?

I’ve opened a couple of issues regarding the problems I’m having:

import bokeh

bokeh.Version

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “”, line 1, in

AttributeError: ‘module’ object has no attribute ‘Version

bokeh.version

‘0.4’

Thanks,

Dave

···

On Wednesday, 19 February 2014 10:35:08 UTC, [email protected] wrote:

On Wednesday, 5 February 2014 15:29:48 UTC, Bryan Van de ven wrote: