Box plots from two different arrays

Hi,

I’d like to create a box plot from two different arrays - I have the mean and the standard deviation of a data set stored in two different numpy arrays.

I would like the centre of the box plot to be the mean value, and the “spread” of the boxplot to be the standard deviation. I read the docs, and it’s not clear to me how to achieve this with the high level chart interface to boxplots. That is, the docs say the data is “grouped” but that’s not really what I’d like to do in this case.

I also tried to do this with the rectangle glyph, but it isn’t possible to pass an array of heights such that the heights correspond to the standard deviation values.

Is this possible in bokeh currently? I’m using the 0.11 version. Also I would like to avoid pulling in pandas as a dependency if at all possible, but I’m open to doing that if it’s the only way forward.

Thanks,

···

Srikrishna Sekhar

Well I’ve managed to get a scatter plot with error bars as shown in this post.

But it would be nice if there was a default glyph that displayed points + error bars. Anyway, I think my problem for the moment is solved.

Thanks!

···

On 25 January 2016 at 11:52, Sri Krishna [email protected] wrote:

Hi,

I’d like to create a box plot from two different arrays - I have the mean and the standard deviation of a data set stored in two different numpy arrays.

I would like the centre of the box plot to be the mean value, and the “spread” of the boxplot to be the standard deviation. I read the docs, and it’s not clear to me how to achieve this with the high level chart interface to boxplots. That is, the docs say the data is “grouped” but that’s not really what I’d like to do in this case.

I also tried to do this with the rectangle glyph, but it isn’t possible to pass an array of heights such that the heights correspond to the standard deviation values.

Is this possible in bokeh currently? I’m using the 0.11 version. Also I would like to avoid pulling in pandas as a dependency if at all possible, but I’m open to doing that if it’s the only way forward.

Thanks,
Srikrishna Sekhar

Srikrishna Sekhar