Contributing to bokeh

I am fascinated by bokeh and see that it has a lot of prospectus in field of data visualization.

Can you please let me know how I can contribute or get involved in development work?

Hi Satya,

···

On Friday, March 27, 2015 at 12:21:45 PM UTC+1, Satya Prakash Prasad wrote:

I am fascinated by bokeh and see that it has a lot of prospectus in field of data visualization.

Can you please let me know how I can contribute or get involved in development work?

That’s great to hear! Thanks for your interest.

The first places you should be look at are the contributing section at the documentation, the project wiki and related link to collect useful information about the project, the technology stack and how to get started.

In general we are really happy to welcome new contributors. Actually that’s one of our big goals for this year. As Bokeh has grown into a fairly large project we recently added a new “tag: stater” on GitHub to help new Bokeh developers get started. You can find those issues here: https://github.com/bokeh/bokeh/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3A%22tag%3A+starter%22

These are not necessarily meant to be trivial tasks, but they should all hopefully be fairly self-contained in the codebase, as well as tasks that we can efficiently explain/describe to folks new to the Bokeh codebase. Hopefully working through one would make for a good introduction to Bokeh codebase and dev process.

Thanks,

Fabio