DataTable is dropping the fields for the index on callback when using .describe()

Hello,

I posted this question on Stack Overflow at the below link however I thought I would post here as well:

Essentially I have a montecarlo function that I built that returns a pandas dataframe with “n” iterations. I am trying to turn the results of a .describe() on that dataframe into an interactive data table. When I update the slider it will rerun the function with the specified number of iterations, and update the data table with the new .describe() results.

It all seems to be working, except for some reason the measure names, which are based on the index, disappear upon updating the slider (all the values update accordingly). All code that I am using is in the link - any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best Regards,

Joel

I found the issue, in my callback function I should have been updating source.data with “index” rather than “measure”, as a result I was creating a different column that was then not being referenced in the main function.

···

On Wednesday, September 12, 2018 at 4:08:50 PM UTC-4, Joel Hellman wrote:

Hello,

I posted this question on Stack Overflow at the below link however I thought I would post here as well:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52299602/why-is-the-tablecolumn-containing-the-measure-names-disappearing-after-i-adjust

Essentially I have a montecarlo function that I built that returns a pandas dataframe with “n” iterations. I am trying to turn the results of a .describe() on that dataframe into an interactive data table. When I update the slider it will rerun the function with the specified number of iterations, and update the data table with the new .describe() results.

It all seems to be working, except for some reason the measure names, which are based on the index, disappear upon updating the slider (all the values update accordingly). All code that I am using is in the link - any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best Regards,

Joel