Disable reupload of plot after click

Dear people of bokeh,

I am a bioinformatics master student who is currently using bokeh to interactively display biological data on the my lab’s web (you can check it here). More precisely, I’m creating an interactive rect() heatmap in which, when a cell is clicked, it displays a side window. Unfortunately, side-window takes a load of time (up to 5 seconds) to show up because, when a cell is clicked, the whole figure is recomputed again (I guess it’s to apply “nonselection” and “selection” attributes).

May there be a way to disable this recomputing when clicked? I don’t really need selection and nonselection values, I just want the click feature to work.

Hi,

There's not enough here to speculate. It's not really possible to guess what things could be done differently or improved, or what might be taking some much time, without more information, and really some idea of the actual code you executing on the callback.

Thanks,

Bryan

···

On Mar 8, 2019, at 8:02 AM, [email protected] wrote:

Dear people of bokeh,

I am a bioinformatics master student who is currently using bokeh to interactively display biological data on the my lab's web (you can check it here). More precisely, I'm creating an interactive rect() heatmap in which, when a cell is clicked, it displays a side window. Unfortunately, side-window takes a load of time (up to 5 seconds) to show up because, when a cell is clicked, the whole figure is recomputed again (I guess it's to apply "nonselection" and "selection" attributes).

May there be a way to disable this recomputing when clicked? I don't really need selection and nonselection values, I just want the click feature to work.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bokeh Discussion - Public" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/bokeh/8029863d-d88e-4583-996b-31669c1e223b%40continuum.io\.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/optout\.